PDA

View Full Version : NorCal Vulcan lower only

Stevil
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Well I missed out on the San Jose AR action, so now I'm all wound-up for a AR... anyone know of a supplier for a Vulcan lower, not the rifle just the lower only?

Rascal
12-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Try Irvington Arms in Fremont.

SpeedTribe
12-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey Stevil, I just picked up two from River City Gun exchange a few weeks ago. They were special order but they came in within one week. Start the DROS and place your order the same day. $269+tax+DROS (kind of expensive but you gotta pay to play).
If you want to check out the ones I put together send me an email. I already replaced the mags but still have one of the originals (a little bent up) if you want to see it. I also have the Carbon-15 Bushmaster if you want to check it out. I am in Sacramento.
You may also want to check with Newton Firearms in Placerville. They may have some in stock.

Mr331
12-15-2005, 7:26 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

6172crew
12-15-2005, 7:39 AM
My dealer in Martinez had them a week or so ago. 279 i think.

I will probably sell mine when my Stag shows up, it has a bushmaster 10 rounder, ergo grip, fake folder, and bushmaster trigger group.

ivansfo
12-15-2005, 7:37 PM
May as well chime in here for the first time since I have some info. I was at the Gun Exchange today in San Jose and they have both FAB10s and Vulcans in stock.

The Vulcans are not stripped though. It's fully built with internals (looks nice) and a 3 position M4 stock. Price is $399 for all this. Not bad for someone looking for a starter rifle.

I didn't check the price of the FAB10s but I saw at least 2 of them under the glass case.

Stevil
12-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Okay thanks guys, I'm gonna do it... found a Vulcan lower for less than $200. :D Who knows they might put this one on the AW list too... better to be safe than sorry.

6172crew
12-17-2005, 7:18 AM
Okay thanks guys, I'm gonna do it... found a Vulcan lower for less than $200. :D Who knows they might put this one on the AW list too... better to be safe than sorry.

Less than $200? I paid 270 or some ****. That was stripped and a junk mag.
I wouldnt let mine go for less than I had in it now that the thing has a Bushy mag and the glue has been removed.

glock_this
12-17-2005, 7:50 AM
found a Vulcan lower for less than $200.

say that again?

malaya248
12-17-2005, 8:10 PM

$200?? is that from private party?

Stevil
12-17-2005, 11:24 PM
It's a indpendent -- no store -- FFL here in Sacramento $196 + TAX + SHIPPING + DROS + FFL, so $280 out-the-door. This is a working Vulcan Lower ONLY. I don't know if it comes with a stock or not. I'm going to get this done Monday... I'll give details after asking him if it's okay to do so.

glock_this
12-18-2005, 7:08 AM
It's a indpendent -- no store -- FFL here in Sacramento $196 + TAX + SHIPPING + DROS + FFL, so $280 out-the-door. This is a working Vulcan Lower ONLY. I don't know if it comes with a stock or not. I'm going to get this done Monday... I'll give details after asking him if it's okay to do so.

report back when you see it and it and can tell more. going rate on these is 269. IF he sells it at 196, he sold it at HIS cost you lucky bastard. I talked with Vulcan last week when I set my buy up and 196 is the dealers cost. So, either he messed up, or wants to unload it. That is a score if it goes through!

BTW, at that price you will get a stripped lower (no stock, no lower parts kit, nothing). But, it is still better than the rest of us at 269.

DrjonesUSA
12-18-2005, 11:16 AM
report back when you see it and it and can tell more. going rate on these is 269. IF he sells it at 196, he sold it at HIS cost you lucky bastard. I talked with Vulcan last week when I set my buy up and 196 is the dealers cost. So, either he messed up, or wants to unload it. That is a score if it goes through!

BTW, at that price you will get a stripped lower (no stock, no lower parts kit, nothing). But, it is still better than the rest of us at 269.

No, a completely stripped lower at $196 is NOT a better deal than a lower w/parts & stock; the LPK costs around $70 or so, and so does the stock, so you can add $140.00 or so to that "bargain" lower at $196, for a total of $336.00.

I fail to see how $336.00 is a better deal than $269, unless I'm missing something else. :confused:

Taz77
12-18-2005, 5:03 PM
No, a completely stripped lower at $196 is NOT a better deal than a lower w/parts & stock; the LPK costs around $70 or so, and so does the stock, so you can add $140.00 or so to that "bargain" lower at $196, for a total of $336.00.

I fail to see how $336.00 is a better deal than $269, unless I'm missing something else. :confused:

dude, he's getting a stripped lower for $100 LESS that what the retail is. how is he not getting a better deal? the retail for a stripped lower is $269. that's what everyone else will pay for one.

glock_this
12-18-2005, 5:09 PM
dude, he's getting a stripped lower for $100 LESS that what the retail is. how is he not getting a better deal? the retail for a stripped lower is $269. that's what everyone else will pay for one.

exactly - a STRIPPED lower from Vulcan is 269 public cost (go to their website or call them). SO, he appears to be getting the STRIPPED lower for 196 which is dealers cost. His lower at 196 will have NOTHING but the gutted lower so, still like the rest of us, he will have to part it togther.

SO, the big questions was... how the hell did he get a stripped lower for 196 - the dealers cost and not 269 - the publics cost??? he will save more than $75 over the rest of us for the same STRIPPED lower, but we still all have to build up from their.

anyway, he scored!

DrjonesUSA
12-18-2005, 5:47 PM
I misunderstood.

I thought you said that the $269 included parts & a stock.

In that case, $196 is obviously a much better deal. :)

Shoot-it
12-22-2005, 8:31 PM
I wanted to no with way should i go a stripped lower for 269 or one that is comlete for 475. I haven't found a dealer in my area that sells just the stripped lower but i found a one in lodi that has the complete lower. Those prices are not out the door well what do u guys think.

Stevil
12-22-2005, 9:25 PM
I'm working on obtaining something else right now ;) if you know what I mean. :D SO I haven't been able to meet with him, but he's happy to take new business. He doesn't have inventory to view -- no store -- BUT can order them direct from Vulcan PDQ. PM me if you need his details, $196 + TAX + SHIPPING + DROS + FFL, so $286 for Vulcan lower only (mag in place). :cool:

DrjonesUSA
12-23-2005, 8:34 AM
I wanted to no with way should i go a stripped lower for 269 or one that is comlete for 475. I haven't found a dealer in my area that sells just the stripped lower but i found a one in lodi that has the complete lower. Those prices are not out the door well what do u guys think.

The completed one sounds like a rip-off.

Parts kits are around $50 or so and a stock should be around the same.

You should be able to complete the lower for $120 or so, which is less than the $206 difference you are looking at.