PDA

View Full Version : galleryofguns.com

cineski
01-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Anyone use galleryofguns.com to purchase a firearm? They seem to have good prices. Sharpshooters in Torrance use them.

Bassxhead
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I bought a mossberg 590 from them. They shipped to sharpshooters and when delivered I went in and did paperwork. Easy as pie.

GJC
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
No, but have been wondering the same thing. Want to make sure there are no "Hidden or suprise" charges when time for pick.

rockdogz
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Used it several times. No problems each time.

vta
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
so does the ffl only charge you the usual $25 + sales tax when you buy thru GoG as if you bought from their inventory?

97guns
01-05-2010, 1:03 PM
ive checked them out but their pricing is always too high.

thedust
01-05-2010, 1:09 PM
The only surprise I had was with the FFL who charged extra to pay the balance with a debit card. Had I known that, I would have gone with a different FFL. Even with shipping their prices are better than most stores in my area.

liketoshoot
01-05-2010, 1:12 PM
Most FFL's will charge to receive it as it has to go on their books, then the DROS fee.

cineski
01-05-2010, 1:13 PM
They're way cheap for what I'm looking at, Glock 20 for $553 pre tax and shipping, $613 w/ tax and shipping. You have to put a down payment then pay the rest to the FFL upon pickup. The $25 FFL fee would be additional. Heck M.Retting is $620 pre tax.

cineski
01-05-2010, 1:15 PM
I need to call Sharpshooters, but I'm assuming because they're one of the FFL's listed, there'll be no additional fees.

Most FFL's will charge to receive it as it has to go on their books, then the DROS fee.

chickenfried
01-05-2010, 1:22 PM
The price you see at checkout is the price you pay. The individual retailer's set their davidson's price.

5150Marcelo
01-05-2010, 1:26 PM
They WAY too expensive! Order from Buds. They generally have THE lowest price.

I found my Tikka T3 Varmint for UNDER $500 shipped!!!
GoG wants almost $700 plus fees, tax, and ship.

I just ordered a Sako thru AuctionArms. Found a Sako A7 for $628 SHIPPED!!! DANG! Everywhere else was $850-$900+!!!

cineski
01-05-2010, 2:05 PM
Okay. Bud's has a G20 for $562 shipped. Plus $80 for DROS plus $10 for a lock just because they can. $652 total. $640 through gallery of guns. I'm sure there's exceptions, but in this instance, GofG is cheaper. And it's SoCal store front FFL friendly.

twotap
01-05-2010, 6:15 PM
As with anything ,take the time to call the FFL before you purchise to give them a heads up and if there is any additional charges..They will be happy to hear from you on both issues..No suprises!! Also a great why to get to know your dealer better. I have bought from G of G and had no problems.

vta
01-05-2010, 7:22 PM
Okay. Bud's has a G20 for $562 shipped. Plus $80 for DROS plus $10 for a lock just because they can. $652 total. $640 through gallery of guns. I'm sure there's exceptions, but in this instance, GofG is cheaper. And it's SoCal store front FFL friendly.

you can find people to transfer for cheaper. I use Uncle Paul's in Ventura and they charge $45 + $25 DROS on transfer from Buds or anywhere else.

T&A Armory in Orange County charges $40 + $25 for the same thing.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=243591

If you have a gun safe, you dont need to pay the $10 for the lock. Just fill out the affidavit.

I've gotten 6 guns from Bud's and it is a good place to find deals.

cineski
01-05-2010, 7:26 PM
VTA, good points. However, driving to Ventura and back 4 times from LA eats up any savings very quickly. $80 transfer from an out of state vendor is the cheapest in the area when you look at travel costs. Sure, I can go to Ades but the trip kills it. And even breaking even, do I really want to drive to OC or Ventura twice just for this? I'd rather pay a bit more and only have to drive 8 miles.

As for the lock, it's an FFL to FFL thing. I transfered a gun to another individual recently at Ammo Bros. The gun had the factory lock, but the FFL made the person buying my gun buy a lock, too. It's really an FFL to FFL thing. It's a way for them to make money, which sucks. Don't want to pay to play? Fine, go to another FFL, which is 15 miles away in LA traffic.

IceMan711
01-05-2010, 8:12 PM
I have ordered a few guns from the Gallery through Sharpshooters. Just to make things clear, Sharpshooters only charges the $25 DROS fee when ordering from Gallery of Guns. They do not treat it like an FFL transfer. If you were to buy a gun from Buds, or any other FFL, they would charge you the transfer fee, in addition to the $25 DROS. Last time I checked, the transfer fee there was $50.

sn0rky
01-05-2010, 8:29 PM
I have ordered a few guns from the Gallery through Sharpshooters. Just to make things clear, Sharpshooters only charges the $25 DROS fee when ordering from Gallery of Guns. They do not treat it like an FFL transfer. If you were to buy a gun from Buds, or any other FFL, they would charge you the transfer fee, in addition to the $25 DROS. Last time I checked, the transfer fee there was $50.

My buddy buys from Gallery all the time, he has it shipped to Jackson Arms in South San Francisco and he says the listed price, is the final price.

PutTogether
01-05-2010, 11:04 PM
They WAY too expensive! Order from Buds. They generally have THE lowest price.

I found my Tikka T3 Varmint for UNDER $500 shipped!!!
GoG wants almost $700 plus fees, tax, and ship.

I just ordered a Sako thru AuctionArms. Found a Sako A7 for $628 SHIPPED!!! DANG! Everywhere else was $850-$900+!!!

That is true sometimes. But you need to remember that when you buy a gun form Buds, you still need to pay the "acceptance" fee from your local FFL. When buying from Davidsons (galleryofguns.com) that fee (which is up to $100 from some FFLs is not there.

rockdogz
01-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Yes the Davidsons (GoG) fees should all be listed on the website... should be no surprises when you go to the FFL. I called On Target and they said something about an additional transfer fee... Called Davidsons and they said no, no and to let them know if any FFLs charged anything different (you can just refuse the gun and Davidsons will refund your deposit if you want). I decided to just not use On Target and used Saddleback and OC Armory instead.