View Full Version : Possible Customization and Modification to a new Mossberg 500?

01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
So, I leave for beautiful Fort Benning on February 9th, for 14-16 weeks of rest and relaxation. Should be the vacation of a lifetime.

Anyway, to my point. Upon my return, I plan on purchasing myself a little graduation gift, something to add to my small, personal collection. Since it currently consists solely of rifles, I've decided to purchase a shotgun. Due to its rugged reliability and ease of customization, along with the fact that my employer has chosen to invest quiet heavily in them, I have chosen a Mossberg 500.

As tempting as the new 590's are, I'm leaning towards either the Home/Field combo, with the 18.5" and a 28". OR, the 8 shot 20" Persuader model. Since both are often on weekend sale at the local Big 5 for $289.99

I would like to see some of your own customizations and/or modifications to these particular, or similar models. I'm not really interested in going over-the-top mallninja-tacticool, probably won't even put a light on it. I'm interested in the Knox spec ops stock, and attractive yet formidable forends. My dream set-up would be a beautiful oak forend and stock with a thick rubber recoil pad, but I have had a rather difficult time finding that sort of thing online for the Mossy 500.

Thanks guys. Now, Picture time!

01-05-2010, 5:26 AM
Have fun at Benning, Stay motivated, If you haven't yet, start running, push ups, sit ups then run some more. Oh, beings that your already going to be there. Ask to go to there additional 3 week stay at Jump School.

Thanks for serving
God Bless

01-05-2010, 6:17 AM
I don't know how much things have changed in the past 10 years, but a lot of the PXs sold firearms, and at awesome prices. You might check that before Big 5. I saved almost $200 on my Remington.