PDA

View Full Version : New "Baby" Xd added to the family tonight!

CenCali
01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Picked up my new Springfield Xd subcompact .40....LOVE IT! went and shot it a about an hour ago, pretty smooth....love the extended mags also great for control, at first this gun looked horrible to me but the more i looked at it the more it grew on me....wife dont care for it due to the recoil but i have an xdm 9mm on its way for her (well I just told it it was for her :D )

How many other xd subcompact owners out there in calgun world? Lets see some XDSC pics!! What holsters are you wearing for "weekend" carry?

Also anyone have the insight x2 laser/light combo? How is that working out for you?

oh and now for my pathetic camera skills, trying to make an X and a D....i know its goofy but oh well hahaha.... thanks for the read and look, I love these forums, very addicting!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/1PhatXB/guns/SDC10280.jpg

rcantu
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
i have a 9mm. love the way it shoots.

the light is cool. i also have a lasermax laser too.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41990&stc=1&d=1262677264

bballwizard05
01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
shout out to a central coaster!! where did you shoot it? range masters? very nice looking .40

GlennG31
01-05-2010, 9:34 AM
I have the Insight X2L light/laser combo on my H&K P2000SK. It works great for me. It only puts out about 40 lumens of light, but it's still bright enough to light up a room, though probably not bright enough to totally blind an intruder. But it still works great nonetheless. I would recommend it.

FloridaEllie
01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow, Sencali, I like your gun! Have you had the chance to shoot it yet? I think when I went to the range, I shot an XD9 and as a woman, I really liked it. A friend asked if I wanted to shoot an XD40, but not the small one like yours. He told me it would have more kick than what I just shot, so I decided not to.

I noticed that the XD's don't have those bumpy things on the grip for your fingers, which I also like. I held a Glick?? and I think those grip bumpies were too big for my hand. I thought the XD was perfect. I hope you enjoy it and that your wife does too!! :)

FloridaEllie
01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh, and a question I have too - I was looking at your first picture again. I noticed in the magazines at the top, the one on the right has a bullet with a flat looking top, but the one on the left has a silver looking top. Is that a hole in the center of the bullet? What is that for? At first I thought it was like a blank that wouldn't hurt somebody. Then maybe I thought you could put something in there like poison to kill faster? haha...I know I'm way off!

GlennG31
01-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh, and a question I have too - I was looking at your first picture again. I noticed in the magazines at the top, the one on the right has a bullet with a flat looking top, but the one on the left has a silver looking top. Is that a hole in the center of the bullet? What is that for? At first I thought it was like a blank that wouldn't hurt somebody. Then maybe I thought you could put something in there like poison to kill faster? haha...I know I'm way off!

The ones on the right are FMJ (full metal jacket) rounds. The ones on the left are JHP (jacketed hollow point) rounds. FMJ rounds are typically what you shoot at the range. JHP rounds are typically what you use for home defense purposes. As far as putting poison in the hollowed out area, I've never tried it. But I suppose if you put some sort of gel-based poison that was fairly thick so it wouldn't drip out, I suppose it MAY work. YMMV. :chris:

CenCali
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
just put another 300 rounds through this .40....not one prooing toblem!!! Xd's are g make some money off of me, i want all i can get!

den888
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Very nice...

jmf_tracy
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
lots of XD9SC love here! i just bought another one.

Milk
01-10-2010, 2:10 PM
I have the .40 subcompact bi-tone. My wife and i like it. Not my favorite gun but i definitely see what the acclaim is all about.