View Full Version : thegunwiki.com -> gunwiki.net

01-04-2010, 4:52 PM
So, figured I'd post this here, in case some of you happen to have bookmarked (or have links on your website to) pages on thegunwiki.com.

Back in '05, a friend of mine in web hosting registered the domain for me, and he just listed it on his company's domains to renew indefinitely, as his contribution to the 2A cause.

Unfortunately, I was never one of the contacts, so when he transitioned his company around a bunch, thegunwiki apparently got taken off the auto-renew list.

I've registered a similar domain now, and I've already updated the site to use the new domain. It's now up and accessible as gunwiki.net. While hopefully I'll get the original domain back sometime soonish, it may never happen. So if I can't get ahold of my friend to renew/transfer the domain, gunwiki.net is where it'll be living for the foreseeable future.

01-05-2010, 2:45 PM
Incidentally, if you want to know when new stuff gets updated on there - Gunwiki now has a facebook page. There'll be notifications whenever new info gets added.

Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591?ref=nf

Recent additions: Installing a front sight base on an AR-15 (a friend did a set screw setup)

Updated: 308 AR-family receiver compatibility list now includes more info from JD Machine and Kaiser.

02-01-2010, 3:18 PM
Update: Finally got through to my friend, and the original domain's coming back! I'll keep gunwiki.net as an additional domain, but at least Google and such won't have to re-learn its relevance over time again. :)