PDA

View Full Version : One-handgun per month law still good?

G. Freeman
01-04-2010, 3:08 PM
Hi Guys,
Did this law expire in 2009? I heard about it somewhere and just needed the right info.

Thanks in advance!

bwiese
01-04-2010, 3:22 PM
I'm curious as to why you'd think it would expire.

And I'm curious as to where you heard this from, so we can pounce on bad info.

Relatively few laws of any sort have "sunset" provisions, including this.

It's still in force - however, note that "one-handgun-a-month" restriction is not affected by guns acquired thru PPT/consignment acquisition, inheritance/probate or operation of law.

G. Freeman
01-04-2010, 3:31 PM
I actually read it in this forum. Don't remember the thread as it was a small post in another thread IIRC. Wondering if this law has sunsetted.

a1c
01-04-2010, 5:01 PM
I actually read it in this forum. Don't remember the thread as it was a small post in another thread IIRC. Wondering if this law has sunsetted.

No. Don't trust the information others post unless they have legal credentials. Thankfully, we have a few of those people on Calguns.

Plenty of people post FUD in here on almost a daily basis, or something they got in an email from their brother-in-law.

maschronic
01-04-2010, 5:10 PM
Hi Guys,
Did this law expire in 2009? I heard about it somewhere and just needed the right info.

Thanks in advance!

listen to Bweise!! he is wealth of good info. i do say that 1 new handgun a month is find of silly. but the good news is that you can get unlimited PPT. :)

jas000
01-04-2010, 5:37 PM
One-handgun per month law still good?

It was never a good law. (Unfortunately, still in effect.)

forgiven
01-04-2010, 6:36 PM
^^^+1

zoid52
01-05-2010, 5:15 AM
Just wait till these IDIOTS think of a way to tax (user fee or anything they want to call it) each firearm you own to pay for the Ca state budget that increases by billions every month.

Decoligny
01-05-2010, 8:15 AM
Just wait till these IDIOTS think of a way to tax (user fee or anything they want to call it) each firearm you own to pay for the Ca state budget that increases by billions every month.

I would think that the user fee would be per bullet fired. :eek: