PDA

View Full Version : CA Project

Mud
12-14-2005, 9:25 AM
Well all this stripped lower stuff has got me back in the Shop to continue with my CA Project. The receiver still looks rough,but I need some ideas on what people would like to see. I have a functioning trigger design, but the recoil system still needs work. Let me know what you like or dislike.
Thanks.
p.s. hopefully pictures will work.

Mud
12-14-2005, 9:28 AM
Some more Pics. The magazine will be opened up to accept AR mags when I can get the Recoil system figured out. Still a long ways to go, but getting much closer.

Guns R Tools
12-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Looks almost like Keltec with that setup.

I wonder if any manufacturer will buy your idea and supply us with.

I will buy one.

Keep trying.

joel1316
12-14-2005, 11:01 AM
I'll take one!
Paypal sent!

j/k on the Paypal part......

stealthmode
12-14-2005, 11:31 AM
thats what we need is a modified ar type so you can use the mags and uppers.

what about the buffer tube for the bolt assembly how will you accomodate for that with the stock you have on?

keep up the good work and keep updating your progress.

Mud
12-14-2005, 2:09 PM
The trigger is a system I made using existing AR trigger system w/ some lnkage mods I made. Works good. The recoil system is going to be based on FAL style rat tail recoil system. I was trying to use a elf ontained conical spring to act like a buffer spring, but can't find anything that will work. If you know anyone who can make me a spring I have a diagram w/ all dimensions. I have very little time to work on this project, but it is getting closer to actually working. I hope the spring will work, but I may need to change the design again.

rssslvr
12-14-2005, 2:28 PM
man you need to get back in your shop and get back to work:D have you got a patent on that yet?you should and sell it to a manufactuer!

Quint
12-14-2005, 8:10 PM
Very nice.
Sort of reminds me on the trigger on the 1919a4.

Definitely worth a patent application once the bugs are ironed out.

Mud
12-14-2005, 8:54 PM
Can anyone help with a custom spring I need? The Custom Spring shops charge an arm and a leg for a custom spring $350...... I'm not even sure if it will work. Hopefully someone knows a guy or is the guy that can have a spring made for me from a drawing and dimensions

TMC
12-14-2005, 9:27 PM
You need a ZM weapons upper that has the recoil system above the barrel and does not require a buffer tube.

http://www.zmweapons.com/conversion_kits.htm

C9X19
12-14-2005, 9:44 PM
You need a ZM weapons upper that has the recoil system above the barrel and does not require a buffer tube.

http://www.zmweapons.com/conversion_kits.htm

Great thinking TMC, for some reason the idea of a piston driven upper didn't occur to me. http://www.pof-usa.com/ also has piston uppers.

stealthmode
12-14-2005, 9:45 PM
TMC that is good information i did not know about them. thanks for the link

Mud
12-14-2005, 9:55 PM
I saw those before and they would work, but man are they expensive. I would love to try one on my lower and trigger system, but price is gonna keep it out of my league. Anyone have one that is willing to give it up for some testing??? If not I may have to try another system.
Thanks for the heads up.

stealthmode
12-15-2005, 1:29 AM
MUD do you have a drawing of how you did the trigger on your project? I would like to see how you did that.

Mud
12-15-2005, 7:36 AM
Stealth,

I will not be able to show the trigger assembly due to a commitment to a manufacturer to try to sell the design in California. Supposed to be hush, but I want everyone to know there is still hope for us. The receiver is just 0% that I had laying around and used to due the testing. The final version of the receiver will be much more streamline and won't have the limitations the 0% forging has. Sorry, but I'll try and keep you posted.

joel1316
12-15-2005, 7:58 AM
Stealth,

I will not be able to show the trigger assembly due to a commitment to a manufacturer to try to sell the design in California. Supposed to be hush, but I want everyone to know there is still hope for us. The receiver is just 0% that I had laying around and used to due the testing. The final version of the receiver will be much more streamline and won't have the limitations the 0% forging has. Sorry, but I'll try and keep you posted.

Thank you for giving us another alternative! Hope everything works out great (for our sakes too)!

delloro
12-15-2005, 8:47 AM
please use the FAL rattail, so we can use everyday uppers. I agree the trigger reminds me of a 1919. It looks far better than I had imagined it would. This is GREAT! BTW, a push-thru safety like on a 10/22 marlin lever action etc. might be the easiest to manipulate in this configuration, pressing from left to tight to disengage.

Chaingun
12-15-2005, 9:58 AM
Mud-

When grasping the stock how does the trigger position feel?

Good job, I need one.

Mud
12-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Chaingun,

It actualy feels pretty natural, no extended reaching or odd angle of wrist at all. If you hold out your hand to shake someone elses hand then just grasp and you have the trigger. Any CNC guys who can help me make a couple of 0% prototypes of receivers? I need to start hacking on a couple of recoil designs, but I'm limited to my one lower. If you work in a CNC shop or can do some CAD drawings for me it would sure help.
Thanks.

shooterx10
12-15-2005, 10:33 AM
A recoil system similar to something like this:

http://www.olyarms.com/images/oa-93/oa-93-side-left.jpg

A quote from Olympic Arms' website: "The charging handle and recoil buffer are both integrated into a flat top upper receiver eliminating the need for a buttstock."

I suppose a trigger guard will come out from the bottom of the receiver somewhere?

I can't hardly wait for this! Please keep us posted and keep up the good work!