PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Magic Jack

CFV
01-04-2010, 2:01 AM
Any experience with the Magic Jack. Good/Bad...anything. Can you keep current phone number?

NSR500
01-04-2010, 2:17 AM
My Dad has it and uses it from the field to call us back. Seems to work just fine from anywhere he can get a data connection.

sgtbuck
01-04-2010, 3:43 PM
I got my wife one two years ago for when she is in China. It works great and it's like making a local call. It worked so good I got my Son one that he uses in Iraq. He uses it all the time to call his wife and us.

bigkahuna04
01-04-2010, 6:17 PM
I had one for 2 years as a back-up line for my office. Works well...we had an issue with one telephone handset that created alot of static...problem was fixed by swithcing to another extra single line phone we had. All calls came in clear for voice....but they don't endorse using it for FAX/Data/Modem transmission...they claim that there may be some data corruption or incomplete data transmission. But for voice..it worked well.

I just had a friend who spent 3 weeks in the Phillippines...he would call from there via his laptop/Magic Jack. Good voice transmission...I think we had a bad connection just one time, but when he called right back, it was very clear.

Richie Caketown
01-04-2010, 6:23 PM
^what he said

We sell it at work and there is a lot of interest over it with rarely ever a return. It works great as long as you dont intend to use it as a fax line