PDA

View Full Version : Govt. and LEO 30 round mag bodies

PowderBurn1
01-03-2010, 7:46 PM
I am wondering if it is legal for me to purchase and use 30 round mag bodies, that are marked for Govt. and LEO use only? I would be converting the body to hold 10 rounds and then buying the correct spring. It would also be a perminant mod.
I hope this is in the right forum also. Mods feel free to move if not correct.

Thanks,

sirgiles
01-03-2010, 7:53 PM
for your reading. nice avatar!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=124709&highlight=marked+magazines

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2010, 7:53 PM
Perfectly legal as long as you are not buying complete +10 round mags.

PowderBurn1
01-03-2010, 7:57 PM
Hey that was quick, thanks guys....... BTW nice avatar yourself sirgiles.

CCWFacts
01-03-2010, 9:43 PM
AFAIK, a marking like "For LEO only" has no legal meaning.

Perhaps some California-supportive manufacturer should start marking their guns / mags / accessories "For LEO only", so that that marking becomes more common and people will be "desensitized" to it.

Maybe if I get an AR lower from one of the many manufacturers that allows custom serial numbers, I'll ask for "For LEO only" as my serial number.

jamesob
01-03-2010, 9:56 PM
i have around 20 complete 30 round le/gov ar mags that i purchased a few years ago when i was a police officer. i recently made one into a 10/30 for my oll build and use the others in my featurless builds. i have proof that i purchased them when i was a police officer so i have no worries.:D

B Strong
01-04-2010, 5:48 AM
It's completely legal to use LEO only marked mags for repair parts, or for converting to 10 round max capacity magazines.

Having said that, some junior officer somewhere would look at the possession thereof as a crime.

It doesn't deter me, but be prepared.