PDA

View Full Version : S&W and DOJ safe handgun list?

nsginc
01-03-2010, 2:37 PM
I see that the S&W 610-3 is on the list. But could I bring in a 610-2 with the same barrel lenght? Or how can i tell the difference between the two of them. I am looking at one to purchase but the seller does not know which one he has. Thank you for your time.

rgs1975
01-03-2010, 2:48 PM
Look inside the cylinder crane and the model number and dash number will be there. It'll say 610-2 or 610-3.

APNF128
01-03-2010, 2:50 PM
Forget about specs. Rules to follow, if it's a out of state FFL dealer or private party sales and not on the list you cannot bring it in. Non roster handgun sales can only be done FTF and PPT, which means both party lived anywhere in Kalifornia and will show in person to dealer to do DROS.

El Gato
01-03-2010, 2:52 PM
somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
but couldn't a gunsmith spend like 10 minutes of bench time and remove the double action strut and convert it to a single action only gun and then ship/dros the thing...?
I'm asking here...

halifax
01-03-2010, 2:53 PM
Doesn't S&W stamp the exact model identifier on the frame behind the yoke? The ones I have are that way.

nsginc
01-03-2010, 3:23 PM
Thanks guys, I will pass this on to him.

dfletcher
01-03-2010, 5:27 PM
but couldn't a gunsmith spend like 10 minutes of bench time and remove the double action strut and convert it to a single action only gun and then ship/dros the thing...?
I'm asking here...

Absolutely wrong - it takes 5 minutes. ;)

bwiese
01-03-2010, 7:01 PM
but couldn't a gunsmith spend like 10 minutes of bench time and remove the double action strut and convert it to a single action only gun and then ship/dros the thing...? I'm asking here...

Bright people on S&W forum have told me removal of the DA sear renders it a single-action. No machining necessary. (I have not verified this but looks 100% good to go.) It gets reinstalled after DROSing.

Don't screw up the sideplate or screwheads.

shooting4life
01-08-2010, 2:54 PM
Bright people on S&W forum have told me removal of the DA sear renders it a single-action. No machining necessary. (I have not verified this but looks 100% good to go.) It gets reinstalled after DROSing.

Don't screw up the sideplate or screwheads.

Do you know any ffl out of state that will do this conversion and then ship into ca? And any ffl in the bay area willing to accept? The credit cards might not like the answer.