PDA

View Full Version : Do guns have feelings?

23 Blast
01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
A few days ago I told you that I had a hard time shooting my beretta and Sig P220. On the beretta I seemed to always be hitting low and to the left, while with the sig I seemed to spray all over the target, especially compared to my 1911. After my last range session with those two problem guns, I was all set to sell them to a friend. No sense in keeping a gun which I couldn't shoot well with when I had others which I would much rather run expensive ammo through.

I gave my guns a glare that was the equivalent of me going "Bad dog! Bad! Bad!"

well, apparently they're trying to appease me because last night
, I took them to the range to give them another chance, and lo and behold, I'm hitting where I aim! I'm now so pleased with my guns that Im going to disappoint my friend who I had promised to sell to when he scraped together the money.

"Good dog!" :D

seriously, though, I think my main problem with the beretta was the much shorter trigger reach than the one I'm used to with my cz75, which has a long, somewhat spongy trigger almost like a revolver. With that muscle memory in place, I'm pretty sure I was pulling the gun downward and to the left before the hammer fell. In he case of the sig, I think it's simply because, as a lighter gun with a shorter sight radius and a higher bore axis, it has a snappier recoil than a 1911 and I was flinching. Controlling that flinch is still hard, but focusing, almost trance-like, on the front sight, helped me do a lot better.

bsg
01-04-2010, 1:57 AM
glad you and the kids worked it out; welcome to the forum....

AndrewMendez
01-04-2010, 2:23 AM
Operator error?

redhemi
01-04-2010, 8:03 AM
you just had a off day that time.

Timberwolf
01-04-2010, 8:08 AM
Yes, firearms do have feelings, moods, expressions, can hold a grudge or stroke your ego.

I know my rifle's moods, always let her know I appreciate her, and will never cheat on her. She has a we bit of a temper and can be a bit of a diva sometimes, but she always comes through for me in a pinch and has delivered when other rifles just gave up.

El Gato
01-04-2010, 8:46 AM
Do guns have feelings?

I used to have a kimber .38super that was very sensitive...

sold it to someone who could cuss at it in spanish when it jammed...

hope it's happy now...:D

rp55
01-04-2010, 8:57 AM
Not only do guns have feelings but they also read Calguns and know what you say about them so be warned.

twotap
01-04-2010, 12:43 PM
There is a beretta posting now about cold hands!!

TJCamro
01-04-2010, 1:13 PM
There is a beretta posting now about cold hands!!

haha

FloridaEllie
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
That's so funny. I was talking to my gun (my friend's gun actually) when I was shooting it. And I was stroking it trying to coax it to shoot nicer. They were teasing me that it wasn't my boyfriend's xxxx. Anyway, I hit the target everytime (I think) and in the center of the heart about half the time. So I think if my gun had feelings, they were all good towards me!! XOXO

picasso
01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
That's so funny. I was talking to my gun (my friend's gun actually) when I was shooting it. And I was stroking it trying to coax it to shoot nicer. They were teasing me that it wasn't my boyfriend's xxxx. Anyway, I hit the target everytime (I think) and in the center of the heart about half the time. So I think if my gun had feelings, they were all good towards me!! XOXO

LOL. Is "x" equivalent of a single measuring unit?

To the OP's question:
Guns have a "counter feeling", a response to whatever feeling you gave it.

FloridaEllie
01-05-2010, 9:24 AM
LOL. Is "x" equivalent of a single measuring unit?
it.

Hahaha! If it is a measuring unit in terms of my ex, then I think it's millimeters! You're so funny :)

devildog101
01-05-2010, 9:54 AM
Just hug them alot & you will be OK.

radioburning
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, gun have feelings. That's why you need to talk to them regularly with kind words of encouragement.

El Gato
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
they also need to be fed and exercised regularly... don't neglect them...except for the safe queens....

coop44
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM

Hey, Gun whisperer, could you come over and talk to a couple of mine, see if you can get them on target

FloridaEllie
01-05-2010, 1:02 PM
Hey, Gun whisperer, could you come over and talk to a couple of mine, see if you can get them on target

no teasing:mad:

AlliedArmory
01-05-2010, 1:11 PM
My guns always tell me "Why do you wait a week or so to clean me?"

CA_SHARPSHOOTER
01-05-2010, 3:07 PM
my guns do what I tell them to every time because they will know what will happen to them if they dont:43:

picasso
01-05-2010, 3:11 PM
Like what? You will spray them with saltwater 24/7?

DarkHorse
01-05-2010, 4:02 PM
My definitely have feelings.

My big Kimber feels like steel and G10, my mid-sized Kimber feels like Rosewood and aluminum, my little Para-Ord feels like plastic and aluminum., and my 686 feels like sweet death.

Ugh...don't even get me started on my rifles...

Echidin
01-05-2010, 7:59 PM
You keep your guns happy, they'll keep you happy. :)

FloridaEllie
01-06-2010, 2:18 PM
You keep your guns happy, they'll keep you happy. :)

Have any of you seen the movie Major League? You all sound like Serrano. "Hats for bats" "Keep bats happy". I'll bet more than one in this thread sacrifices a chicken before a shooting competition. LMAO