PDA

View Full Version : Trigger pull 1911

skscj
01-03-2010, 8:24 AM
Has anyone noticed that the trigger pull on the Rock Island compact is much lighter and smoother than on the much more expensive Springfield loaded 1911.

railroader
01-03-2010, 9:46 AM
Has anyone noticed that the trigger pull on the Rock Island compact is much lighter and smoother than on the much more expensive Springfield loaded 1911.

I had an armscor tactical and it was the same way. It had a surprisingly good trigger. As for the springfield loaded models I have shot I think 3 different ones and they all had pretty heavy triggers for 1911s. Maybe about 7lbs. would be a guess. Mark

kamagong
01-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I've noticed lighter triggers on RIAs, but I don't know if they are smoother than Springfields. I think Springfield just specs their triggers to be a little heavier than other makers do. Even the Professional has a specified trigger of 4.5-5.5 lbs.

Fot
01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
How can that be?? Thought the more expensive gun is always the better gun..:D

I have a Rock tactical on the way btw. Heard nothing but great things from owners.

Spyder
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeeup, I get to pick mine up on Thursday!

DArBad
01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I think the reason for the heavier trigger pull on the Springfields, is because of the ILS system in the MSHs. The mainspring is spec at 28 lbs, while the RIAs without the ILS as they come from the factory must be using the standard mainspring spec at 23 lbs.

This plus the fact that the sear spring must be adjusted to MORE engagement pressure on the Springers could be the reason.