PDA

View Full Version : CA legal AR-15 from GB Sales?

glock_this
12-13-2005, 3:10 PM
So, I was at the Del Mar gun show this past weekend (which sucked by the way - more knifes and junk from failed garage sales - which is why I stopped going years ago), but anyway I got too take a look at their bushmaster AR-15 with their modified lower they had. The guy was pretty convincing, but I do not know what you all think about their guns/work/modification/quality.

One of the things they touted, over their counterparts, was that their fixed 10 round magazine was attached in such a way that it is allowed to rock back and forth whereas the 'others' are fixed solid so could not rock back and forth. They claimed this inabilty to move creates more jamming than their version. Also, they claim to have several patents on this modification process and a much higher quality work than everyone else doing them.

What do you think? what do you think of their stuff? I am a newbie to rifles and the AR, but I am considering one.

Cazach
12-13-2005, 3:21 PM
The quality is good on these. But a lower doesn't really do that much work on an AR anyway. It works or it doesn't. These guys are really selling the sizzle on the steak.

The big rub is that you are paying 35-50% more for a neutered AR, versus what Bushmaster sells a regular AR for in the United States.

C.G.
12-14-2005, 4:05 AM
So, I was at the Del Mar gun show this past weekend (which sucked by the way - more knifes and junk from failed garage sales - which is why I stopped going years ago), but anyway I got too take a look at their bushmaster AR-15 with their modified lower they had. The guy was pretty convincing, but I do not know what you all think about their guns/work/modification/quality.

One of the things they touted, over their counterparts, was that their fixed 10 round magazine was attached in such a way that it is allowed to rock back and forth whereas the 'others' are fixed solid so could not rock back and forth. They claimed this inabilty to move creates more jamming than their version. Also, they claim to have several patents on this modification process and a much higher quality work than everyone else doing them.

What do you think? what do you think of their stuff? I am a newbie to rifles and the AR, but I am considering one.

Seen any patent numbers on their website or the lower itself? I sure haven't.

glock_this
12-14-2005, 7:17 AM
my bad - the handout says "several modifications protected by Patents Pending".