PDA

View Full Version : Nevada/Utah CCW Class

applevalleyjoe
01-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Does anyone in Southern Cal offer a class/range qualification/paperwork leading to both the Nevada/Utah CCW license or am I going to have to go Las Vegas?

AndrewMendez
01-03-2010, 2:31 AM
Utah/Florida are no longer valid, due to the lack of live fire training, when I was looking into it, the only classes where in Nevada. LV Metro PD actually puts on classes for something like 100 Bucks, and you can get your permit that day. If i where you, I would get their a day early, and take the class, stay in a cheap motel, then you can hit the strip the next morning with your sidearm hidden!

Purple K
01-03-2010, 2:35 AM
Nevada law requires that the class be taken in Nevada.

Quiet
01-03-2010, 7:48 AM
Once you turn in your CCW application, NV can take up to 120 days to issue you a permit. Some counties are faster than others.
The LVMPD usually takes around 100 days to process a non-resident permit. Renewals usually take less than 30 days.

The NV CCW course is 8 hours and has a live fire requirement.
Need to qualify with every pistol you want to carry. They will get listed on your permit (make/model/caliber).
If you qualify with a revolver, you can carry any revolver/derringer.

Big Jake
01-04-2010, 7:07 AM
I know a guy in So Cal that trains for both Utah and Nevada. He splits time between Las Vegas and L.A. You can e-mail him at ssprotection@hotmail.com

His name is Roland Esparza. Great guy and very professional. Tell him that Big Jake from Calguns sent you.

applevalleyjoe
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I know a guy in So Cal that trains for both Utah and Nevada. He splits time between Las Vegas and L.A. You can e-mail him at ssprotection@hotmail.com

His name is Roland Esparza. Great guy and very professional. Tell him that Big Jake from Calguns sent you.

Thanks, BigJake!

galekowitz
01-05-2010, 9:00 PM
Just for info douglas county NV turnaround time was six weeks. Just got it in the mail.

showerbabies
01-09-2010, 8:26 PM
Utah/Florida are no longer valid, due to the lack of live fire training, when I was looking into it, the only classes where in Nevada.

So should someone tell these guys? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=249619&highlight=florida+utah+permits

Quiet
01-10-2010, 7:44 AM
So should someone tell these guys? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=249619&highlight=florida+utah+permits

Tell them what?
That NV no longer recognizes the UT and FL permits?
From the posts in that thread, they seem to already know that info.