PDA

View Full Version : Wish California was half as good as Nevada

SJ78
01-02-2010, 5:25 PM
I already knew Nevada was much better on gun laws . But it's sure night and Day compared to here . Here is a small article . http://guncontrolhbart.blogspot.com/2009/08/california-vs-nevada.html

professorhard
01-02-2010, 5:26 PM
I'll take Alaska or Vermont

jamesob
01-02-2010, 5:30 PM
i wish california was half as good as it use to be.

SJ78
01-02-2010, 5:31 PM
Yes it was bad enough with all the other laws . But these new ammo laws and some others this year , have put it over the top .

We Are Apocalypse
01-02-2010, 5:39 PM

Gotta love a state that realizes if you are law-abiding enough to buy a pistol, you're law-abiding enough to carry it concealed. Simply awesome.

Rem222
01-02-2010, 5:56 PM

Well said. This was a great State years ago...

VegasND
01-02-2010, 6:02 PM
I wish Nevada was half as good as it should be!

obeygiant
01-02-2010, 6:04 PM
Well said. This was a great State years ago...

...and it will be again.

Window_Seat
01-02-2010, 6:23 PM
...and it will be again.

+infinity.

Erik.

ke6guj
01-02-2010, 6:42 PM
Gotta love a state that realizes if you are law-abiding enough to buy a pistol, you're law-abiding enough to carry it concealed. Simply awesome.

You high-lighted Vermont, but Alaska is the same way. You don't need a permit to carry concealed, but they do offer a permit, if you want one, so that you can carry in other states that honor the Alaska permit.

Hunt
01-02-2010, 7:24 PM

I like Alaska as well, walk in a gun store buy a pistol load it stuff it in your pocket and walk out into the public -legal. Then carry concealed loaded pistol without any special permit anywhere except a few posted places.
Palin country

FreedomMom
01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I like Alaska as well, walk in a gun store buy a pistol load it stuff it in your pocket and walk out into the public -legal. Then carry concealed loaded pistol without any special permit anywhere except a few posted places.
Palin country

+1 for Alaska...not sure why we're all wasting our time in commie-fornia!

phamkl
01-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Because the weather is great.

AndrewMendez
01-03-2010, 12:51 AM
More room for me.

ireload
01-03-2010, 5:17 AM
With the influx of liberats and commies to this state it would only get tougher for gun owners. First thing though is to remove the majority of the state legislature.

yellowfin
01-03-2010, 5:42 AM
When you get CA adjusted back to normal, please stop exporting the people who screwed it up to other states.

Maestro Pistolero
01-03-2010, 6:29 AM
Las Vegas didn't even make the list of places I want to live, but I am grateful for the freedoms is affords.
I've been traffic-stopped and the officer didn't even bother to take possession of my loaded .45 while he wrote me the ticket.

As another example, I saw a tall, black man, not in any kind of uniform, walking in to a grocery store LOC'ing a 1911 in a very expensive looking holster, and no-one ducked, called the police, ran in fear, or any other typical over-reaction you would see in San Diego, where I came from. I've learned to appreciated Nevada in the last eight years.

Mitch
01-03-2010, 7:03 AM
Nevada suffers from a serious lack of 14,000 foot mountains and an ocean.

At least they have deserts there.

Hunt
01-03-2010, 7:04 AM

sunshine

RobG
01-03-2010, 7:35 AM
Gun laws aside, Kalifornia is a mess. Overcrowding, too many on welfare, poor economy, illegal immigration, overpriced housing, high taxes, poor roadways, high crime, corrupt gov't, etc, etc.

cdtx2001
01-03-2010, 8:08 AM
Gun laws aside, Kalifornia is a mess. Overcrowding, too many on welfare, poor economy, illegal immigration, overpriced housing, high taxes, poor roadways, high crime, corrupt gov't, etc, etc.

Hey, don't be so pessimistic...

Look at some of the good things:

You can buy a variety of all natural, soy based, dairy free, organic, lactose intolerant friendly, pesticide free ice cream at ONLY 3 times the price of regular ice cream.

Anyone can get a drivers license, even if you don't speak the English that's written on all the highway signs.

Even though the state isn't fixing the roads, they are fixing other things, like all those people you see on the street peeing on themselves. Eventually, they'll be better, we just have to keep trying.

Gas is more expensive in this state than the rest of the US because of something special they put in it that makes the flowers grow prettier.

Lots of people means lots of hugs you can get.

You can go to ANY Home Depot and pick up a day laborer if you need one. You can also rest easier when you do, knowing that your money is helping a family in need somewhere in South America.

The drug wars seen in Mexico haven't made their way here, YET.

So you see, CA ain't so bad after all.

thefurball
01-03-2010, 8:11 AM

AMEN!

a.tinkerer
01-03-2010, 8:18 AM
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Even though the state isn't fixing the roads, they are fixing other things, like all those people you see on the street peeing on themselves. Eventually, they'll be better, we just have to keep trying...

Oh god that's so perfectly perfect -- I need a drink...

Cheers
Tinker

cdtx2001
01-03-2010, 8:28 AM
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Oh god that's so perfectly perfect -- I need a drink...

Cheers
Tinker

See, don't you have that warm fuzzy feeling all over? Or do you need that drink first?

bodger
01-03-2010, 8:47 AM
Yeah. Weather. It's nice.

I'd rather walk down the street in a blizzard with my CCW permit, issued to me because I'm in a state that recognizes my right to self defense as good cause.

And buy the handgun of my choice and walk out of the store with it right then and there. And buy ammo wherever the hell I please and in any manner I please without having to supply FP and ID to record the sale for anti gun Big Brother.

And not worry about a cop grabbing my EBR with its retarded bullet button and 10 round mag because he doesn't know what the laws are, but he's pretty sure I have an "Assault Weapon" and I'm a criminal.

I know there are a lot of good people that are working to change things and there are lawsuits in play, the outcome of which may serve to re-establish our rights.

But I'm not living under the laws of this state much longer. Enough is enough. And it isn't just gun laws that will be my reason to leave. I run a small business and the state acts as if my profits are their own personal piggy bank to rob anytime they see fit.

Glock22Fan
01-03-2010, 10:20 AM
When you get CA adjusted back to normal, please stop exporting the people who screwed it up to other states.

The problem is that the people leaving and threatening to leave aren't generally the people who screwed it up. They (the screwers up) stay here thinking that everything is wonderful - after all they're even managing to drive gun owners and freedom lovers out of state.

I think most of us gun and freedom lovers would dearly love to export the people who screwed California up, but I see no signs of any of the Cali polis (or the bulk of their supporters) wanting to leave.

bodger
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
The problem is that the people leaving and threatening to leave aren't generally the people who screwed it up. They (the screwers up) stay here thinking that everything is wonderful - after all they're even managing to drive gun owners and freedom lovers out of state.

I think most of us gun and freedom lovers would dearly love to export the people who screwed California up, but I see no signs of any of the Cali polis (or the bulk of their supporters) wanting to leave.

I've seen some pretty impressive statistics on how many households in CA have guns in them. And there seem to be a lot of firearms sales going on in this state.
I guess a lot of people with guns either aren't voting, or are voting for the wrong people as far as preserving 2A. If there are any candidates who are pro 2A anymore.

If being against gun control suddenly became a detriment when running for office in CA, I'll bet we'd see boneheads like DeLeon suddenly taking up skeet shooting.

djbooya
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM

Because I don't want to be an Ice Road Trucker :P I like my hi-tech job and mostly good weather.

djbooya
01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Gas is more expensive in this state than the rest of the US because of something special they put in it that makes the flowers grow prettier.

Not necessarily true. I drove across and around northern nevada a number of weekends last year and the gas was more expensive then when I left Cali on the Friday and returned on the Sunday.

May be true for where you live though. I live in a pretty suburban area.

Merle
01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Not necessarily true. I drove across and around northern nevada a number of weekends last year and the gas was more expensive then when I left Cali on the Friday and returned on the Sunday.

May be true for where you live though. I live in a pretty suburban area.

Carson City Costco was $2.699 a gallon yesterday. Got into a nice conversation with the attendent as to what his next pistol is and the difference between CCW and OC in both states. Yakked about our next 1911's while I was filling up.

Yeah, I was OC'ng before it got too cold and needed to throw on a jacket.

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Nevada gun laws can be worse than California gun laws! Just think about it. In Ca, only AWs, 50BMG rifles and handguns (only when transfered) are required to be registered. In Clark County Nevada, The most populated county in the state, ALL HANDGUNS are required to be registered within 48hours of coming into the County. Also, to possess a handgun, you need a "Blue Card". In Ca, you don't need squat to own a handgun and, there is no law requiring it to be registered as long as you legally owned it prior to '91 and it is not an AW.

bodger
01-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Nevada gun laws can be worse than California gun laws! Just think about it. In Ca, only AWs, 50BMG rifles and handguns (only when transfered) are required to be registered. In Clark County Nevada, The most populated county in the state, ALL HANDGUNS are required to be registered within 48hours of coming into the County. Also, to possess a handgun, you need a "Blue Card". In Ca, you don't need squat to own a handgun and, there is no law requiring it to be registered as long as you legally owned it prior to '91 and it is not an AW.

I hear you. Those individual Clark County laws are more stringent than CA law. But I'd trade the requirements we are forced to live under for those Clark County laws right now.
If that's what I had to adhere to and could have my 30 round mags w/o BB, loaded open carry, and ease of obtaining a CCW amongst other freedoms we don't have, I'd call it an upgrade to CA laws.

Glock22Fan
01-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Out of date.

In Clark County, only residents are required to register their handguns. Visitors are exempt unless you are staying a longer time (can't remember if it is more than 30 days or more than 60).

Visitors making a shorter stay may register on an optional basis (if you are born out of the states, you need proof of legal residence). This can ease things with the local officers if you visit Clark County often enough to think that you might get stopped and questioned one day (it demonstrates that you are the legal owner and they don't need to run the serial number before releasing you).

Registering is free and can take as little as ten minutes.

All of my handguns are registered there, and all of them (except my Ruger mk III) are authorized on my Nv CCW. Overkill, no doubt, but saves me having to worry about what to pack and trying to remember whether I qualified with it or not.

RobG
01-03-2010, 6:06 PM

I'd still take that over the moronic "HSC", 10 day waits, "safe" handgun list, 10 round mags, bullet buttons, "flow lists", inability to obtain a CCW (for the majority), inability to obtain NFA stuff, etc.