PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding DROS-ing an internet transfer

Quemtimebo
01-02-2010, 4:52 PM
Long story short: A handgun I didn't think would be shipping for a while from AIM Surplus went out a lot sooner than I thought it would. In the meantime, I ordered a .22 caliber revolver intended to be a gift to my wife (seriously!). Since I'm now going to be stuck with two handguns going to my FFL next week, can I just bring my wife along to DROS the gun that is supposed to be hers in the first place? I used a debit card linked to our joint account to buy it, which is why I figured this might have a shot.

Should've gotten my COE... :banghead:

elrcastor
01-02-2010, 4:55 PM
That should work out just fine, talk to your FFL about it.

Quemtimebo
01-02-2010, 4:56 PM
That should work out just fine, talk to your FFL about it.

Cool beans!

Gio
01-02-2010, 4:56 PM
Doesn't matter who pays for it, all they care is that the person transferring the firearm has a current HSC and will pass the background check. So yes your wife can go sign for the other pistol and you go sign for yours. Take care,

-Gio

Quemtimebo
01-02-2010, 5:57 PM
Doesn't matter who pays for it, all they care is that the person transferring the firearm has a current HSC and will pass the background check. So yes your wife can go sign for the other pistol and you go sign for yours. Take care,

-Gio

Yes on both counts. Fantastic!

Legasat
01-02-2010, 6:34 PM
As long as SHE has an HSC, it should work fine. If she doesn't, you have 10 days to get her one.