PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Join the Hunt 2010! Money Bomb for Bill Hunt

Jamsie567
01-02-2010, 4:30 PM
It's with my esteem honor to present this video for Bill Hunt. He is someone who has really inspired me to get involved with 2A community. I hope you will share this video with a friend or possibly make a donation FEBRUARY 13TH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmlrUec9bPw

:79:

wildhawker
01-02-2010, 4:54 PM
I'm really not comfortable turning the 2A forum into a fundraising platform for candidates to elected office. Bill Hunt should support *this* community and purchase advertising from CGN- that is, if he feels as strongly about this community as he does about being elected Sheriff.

HowardW56
01-02-2010, 4:59 PM
I'm really not comfortable turning the 2A forum into a fundraising platform for candidates to elected office. Bill Hunt should support *this* community and purchase advertising from CGN- that is, if he feels as strongly about this community as he does about being elected Sheriff.

Sounds like a good idea to me!!

SteveH
01-02-2010, 5:32 PM
I'm a Bill Hunt supporter. But I think the video completely missed the mark if the idea was to win votes in OC. Your typical OC voter wont "get it."

Hunt needs to promote his experiance while at the same time pointing out the mis-steps of Huthens/Hillman/Scott.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Jamsie567
01-02-2010, 6:02 PM
I'm a Bill Hunt supporter. But I think the video completely missed the mark if the idea was to win votes in OC. Your typical OC voter wont "get it."

Hunt needs to promote his experiance while at the same time pointing out the mis-steps of Huthens/Hillman/Scott.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Thank you for your suggestion that is a fair criticism. This definitely isn't a promotional video for his campaign just a grassroots video. I think you are right on though the local citizens will definitely want someone who talks about the issues and talks about the differences between the 2 candidates.

My main goal is to try and see if he can raise funds online hopefully the Pro 2 A community comes through and sees him as a worthy candidate as well. I am not sure if this is even possible this is a county race not a presidential election lol. I don't think a Money Bomb has ever been pulled in a county race.

Jamsie567
01-02-2010, 6:11 PM

I understand what your saying man but I think we should try and help out candidates who fight for what we believe in. If we don't then we shouldn't complain if we do lose our rights because we just didn't fight hard enough.

wildhawker
01-02-2010, 6:41 PM
*We* are fighting for what we believe in; that fact is that the Sheriff is largely an administrator- after McDonald and Sykes/Palmer it will matter little who is Sheriff from a 2A perspective. We should be voting for the best person to manage the OCSD, whoever that might be.

Again, this forum is to discuss politics and laws from the perspective of 2A; if Bill Hunt would like to discuss his proposed policies as relates to 2A, I welcome him to do so. However, I've noticed more and more posts that are simply campaign plugs and, frankly, I think it's beginning to cross into commercial speech territory.

This online venue costs money to operate and maintain (it is free to members, remember?)- for a candidate to spend thousands on yard signs, tv and radio spots and ignore the opportunity to financially support a conduit to over 40,000 gunnies shows me where their priorities are.

I understand what your saying man but I think we should try and help out candidates who fight for what we believe in. If we don't then we shouldn't complain if we do lose our rights because we just didn't fight hard enough.