PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace or Slippers laser ?

Frijolito1988
01-02-2010, 8:42 AM
So im looking to buy a laser for my Guardian. I really am a fan of the crimson trace because it looks like it dosent change the profile of the handgun muh and it can still fit to normal holsters but the turn down is that its about $210.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/frijolito1988/GUNS/ctguardian.gif

I also ran across these Slippers lasers, I guess they work as both a laser and a type of pocket holster. My worry is that it would be uncomfortable to grip ( Its already pushing it triyiing to be comfortable griping the little guardian ) but these run around $115 almost half what crimson trace are.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/frijolito1988/GUNS/slippersguardian.jpg

Have any of you had any expirience with the Slippers type of laser ?

bigcalidave
01-02-2010, 8:55 AM
Spend the money on the CT grip.

mrboma
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Crimson Trace hands down. I have never had a problem with mine and they have incredible customer service.
Regards,
Mike

Corbin Dallas
01-02-2010, 3:28 PM
Neither.

Spend your money on professional training.

Frijolito1988
01-02-2010, 3:35 PM
Neither.

Spend your money on professional training.

No ammount of training can replace the advantages wether big or small of having a laser on a HD gun.

slik556
01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I say go with the CT cuz the other thing looks like it will make the grip a bit of a pain and also it is just plain UGLY!

tiko
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Take the training and buy CT. I adjusted mine 4 years ago when I installed to my gun, until now it still dead on.

Frijolito1988
01-03-2010, 5:04 PM
Thanks guys, Im definately gonna be picking up the Crimson trace & will also be picking one up for my 1911 commander :1eye:

gearhead15
01-03-2010, 6:40 PM
I bought a set of CT grips for the J-frame revolver my wife keeps beside the bed. It's one thing to train but it's another thing entirely to aim and fire while half awake and under extreme stress. Plus, both of us have fairly poor eyesight without our contacts in and that delays acquiring a good sight picture. I trust myself with the night sights on my FNP-9M but I'm more comfortable with her pistol having the laser aiming.

Snake eyes
01-03-2010, 9:26 PM
My unsolicited 2 cents-

I think it's a mistake to condition onself to a laser. What if it doesn't work, dead battery, you miss the switch. What if you don't find the dot in time. Too many things that can go wrong at a time when you need everything to go right. And remember that if you ever do have to shoot at someone they're likely going to be moving. How effective will you be finding the dot on a fast moving target, under low light, when you have maybe a second before experiencing violent death. Sounds excessivly risky and overly complicated.

I was taught that for close range personal defense, when death is a second away, the best tactic was POINT, SHOOT CENTER MASS, KEEP PULLING THE TRIGGER TILL THEY GO DOWN. This tactic doesn't depend on the reliability of technology or the ability to line up sights in the dark. I was taught to forget lasers and to ignore iron sights altogether for close range SD. If you do enough POINT-SHOOT training your hand will get familiar enough with the weapon that you can aim by feel alone. This type of conditioning can serve you well, always. It's the shortest distance between two points when time is short and you need things to be as simple as possible. That's how I train.

But I'm no expert. Feel free to disregard.

dreslinger
01-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I have a Glock 17 with a Lasermax. I am not too happy with it. I wish I had bought the CT. Problem with the Lasermax is that is loses contact with the metal after the first shot or two and dies until I tear it down and reallign. Looking at the Guardian 32 I get the impression that your gun is a "hides in your wallet credit card" type. I say stick with a Crimson Trace and you will be happy with the results.
I agree with snake eyes to an extent. The laser makes aquisition thats much easier. Under the stress of battle or whatever, who knows what edge you may need.
Heck, this advice and 50 cents wont even get you a candy bar. See if you can try out both on your gun before buying. Can't hurt to ask.

$P-Ritch$
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
I got a crimson trace with my Kimber Crimson Carry and although it is my first and only encounter with a pistol mounted laser I feel it is very well made. I've never not activated the pressure switch when I grip the pistol. I've only had to zero it once and never had the need to touch it since. On a side note like others said before, don't use the laser as a crutch. It can be an extremely helpful tool at your disposal, but don't come to rely on it.

BlackICE
01-04-2010, 7:35 PM
Get the CT. I crutch isn't bad if that is what you need when your leg is busted.

Corbin Dallas
01-04-2010, 7:39 PM
No ammount of training can replace the advantages wether big or small of having a laser on a HD gun.

I seriously hope your kidding.

Frijolito1988
01-04-2010, 8:13 PM
I seriously hope your kidding.

Far from it :cool2:

Corbin Dallas
01-06-2010, 8:36 AM
Really? What happens when there is a really bright light in your face? How about dead batteries? Oops forgot to tun on the switch? Day time with bright sunlight?

And on and on...

I'd be willing to put money down that a properly trained shooter will be faster and more accurate over someone with a laser.

Frijolito1988
01-06-2010, 8:50 AM
Really? What happens when there is a really bright light in your face? How about dead batteries? Oops forgot to tun on the switch? Day time with bright sunlight?

And on and on...

I'd be willing to put money down that a properly trained shooter will be faster and more accurate over someone with a laser.

Theres the mistake , the laser does not make you accurate or faster , it HELPS along with training. There is no replacement for training , but to say that a laser is useless and x ammount of training can/will replace the laser is foolish, but that is just my opinion, and who cares about my opinion its the internet :TFH: