PDA

View Full Version : Playstation PS3 Proximity question

SlushPup
01-02-2010, 12:35 AM
I have a PS3 in the living room and I am thinking of getting another and placing it in an adjacent bedroom.

Do you think one would interfere with the other?

For example, would using the power on button on one wireless dual-shock controller turn on both systems?

I think the wireless controllers run off of Bluetooth technology so I would hope that the controllers for each system are paired to their respective PS3.
It would be a silly problem to have if I was turning on both PS3s with one controller.

Let me know

slushpup

caoboy
01-02-2010, 1:27 AM
Nope. You are good to go.

caoboy
01-02-2010, 1:28 AM
I have a PS3 in the living room and I am thinking of getting another and placing it in an adjacent bedroom.

Do you think one would interfere with the other?

(no)

For example, would using the power on button on one wireless dual-shock controller turn on both systems?

(no)

I think the wireless controllers run off of Bluetooth technology so I would hope that the controllers for each system are paired to their respective PS3.
It would be a silly problem to have if I was turning on both PS3s with one controller.

(yes, you mate it to the PS3 by plugging it in after you turn the controller on)
Let me know

slushpup

See ()

SlushPup
01-02-2010, 1:52 AM
thanks for the replies!

shoot safe

slushpup

r08ert209cali
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM
you are fine. Last year I was running 3 ps3 at once with no problems. I still run 2 regularly.

Joe
01-02-2010, 1:11 PM
I have two also and have no problems. Get another!

sytfu_RR
01-02-2010, 1:42 PM
you're GTG, PS3 controllers are "paired" with the individual system. So untill you connect it via the USB it will only work with whichover your last paired it with.