View Full Version : Tokarev Pistol 7.62x25 Caliber Question?

Napalm Bulldog
01-01-2010, 9:40 PM
Last week Tuurners had these on sale in their add. It caught my eye and I went down to look at what the ammo cost. It is an interesting looking round. My dad had one of these back in the day in 9mm and it was vertually indestructable. Are these the same way? Ive heard the round penetrates well, Is this true? Wanted to see if anyone who has or owns one could tell me what they think. Ammo doesnt seem that exspensive and seems not that hard to find. If Im wrong please let me know. Seriously thinking of getting one soon. Add is exspired but I just think it would be a fun little handgun.

Thanks for the help!

01-01-2010, 10:03 PM
1. Round penetrates wonderfully -

2. I wouldn't call TT33 a "small pistol". It is VERY slim, but it isn't small.

3. Ammo is VERY easy to find..... but most ( if not all) of it corrosive. Not sure if it matters for you or not.

4. TT33 VERY reliable handgun. The only downsides I can think of is strange grip angle and lack of workable manual safety. Add-on safety on Romanians are freaking joke. Or.... and sights suck..... even if handgun itself is fairly accurate...... if you can see the sights.....

5. Lastly.... It is indeed a lot of LOUD fun....

01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I have one Chinese clone Norinco Tok. It's a wonderful slim pistol. 7.63x25's recoil ain't bad, about the same as shooting a 9mm in compact size handgun. I would recommend if you thinking to grab one, grab more than one (does that make a sounded sentence?). The price can often find in between $200~300, depend on condition. One I really want to get is Yugo's Tok. It has a full size grip and hold one more round in the mag.

Many people tested out the Tok round's penetration. It is what 5.7 can ever dream to be. Though as far as I know only 3 pistol platforms shoot Tok round (Tok, CZ52, and steriling pistol).

Surplus ammo is easy to find and cheaper than walmart's 9mm.

01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I also had an Chinese clone.. It's a fun gun/caliber to shoot and penetration is great. If you get the bulk ammo its cheap but I've seen the fiochi(I think thats how you spell it) 50 rounds for like $25. I picked it up from a clagunner who put the Yugo grip on it and now my grandfather is the new owner of the pistol. All he talked about was to get a Russian made pistol so that was as close as it can get for him :D...

As you can see I took off the safety.. It kept moving to "Safe" after every 4-5 shots so I took it off.

Edit: I just noticed that Oldnoob has disabled the safety on his too.. LOL :D

01-02-2010, 4:17 PM
Are the Chinese clones just as good as the Russian ones?

01-02-2010, 5:29 PM
^ I was wondering that too. They probably don't sell Chinese firearms in the USA anymore though.

01-02-2010, 7:52 PM
Smokes through body armor like butta'

01-02-2010, 9:22 PM
Smokes through body armor like butta'

Sure about that? I was shooting my CZ52 and the bullet went most of the way through but stopped a couple layers before penetrating completely.
I wouldn't want to test that while wearing a 3a vest, I do think it's a fail on the blunt force part of the NIJ testing.

The surplus ammo put out some good flames.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QXw1IUK7zgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QXw1IUK7zgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>