View Full Version : Converting Witness to 10mm

01-01-2010, 1:03 AM
I have an EAA/Tanfoglio Witness Elite Match in .40:

I'd like to convert it to 10mm. The question is whether I have to buy a conversion kit for it (the problem is, I don't see a long slide conversion kit in 10mm):

or if I can get away with just replacing the barrel with this one (and they do have a long slide 4.75" 10mm barrel):

If I can get away with just replacing the barrel, would I need to replace the recoil spring, as well?

Has anyone tried it?

I tried calling EAA twice, but each time the person I got to talk to wasn't very knowledgeable on the subject.

Any information is appreciated.

01-01-2010, 7:09 AM
It's been a while since I've played around with the Witness platform. I'm just learning that the Witness large frame is now the universal frame so beware there are newer large frame parts and then the old small frame for 9mm/40, which won't accommodate 38super, 10mm and 45acp. Calling EAA to get info is like rolling the dice - sometimes the smart ones are there. If you want all the skinny about the Witness platform and all of the parts and gizmos needed for customizing then you need to talk to Henning. He's a sponsored shooter in action pistol, USPSA Grandmaster and uses the Witness platform exclusively. One heck of a nice guy too. http://www.henningshootsguns.com/

01-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Good link and info, thank you.

By large frame do you mean the one that accepts their long slide?

My gun is relatively new (made in late 2008 or early 2009), and they already had it in 10mm at that time. In fact, the .40 mags I have are too big for .40 and accept 10mm easily.

01-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Found the info on large frames. That's what I have.