PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 Slide Assembly

Gogo
12-31-2009, 11:19 PM
I shoot a G17 for IPSC/IDPA, but want to bump up to a G34. Can anyone recommend the best source in purchasing just the Glock 34 slide assembly/barrel to use with my G17 frame rather than buying the whole G34?
Thx

SJgunguy24
12-31-2009, 11:24 PM
www.lonewolfdist.com/
glockstore.com/

Both places have the parts.

Gogo
12-31-2009, 11:35 PM
www.lonewolfdist.com/
glockstore.com/

Both places have the parts.

Thx

Gryff
12-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Just remember that it has to be a factory slide for it to be legal. Lone Wolf makes some nice after-market slides, but they aren't legal for IDPA/USPSA Production.

9mmdude
01-01-2010, 7:22 AM
In the long run you might be better off saving for the entire G34. Watch the for sale section here and see if you can get a deal on one.

Daniel Hunter
01-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I bought a complete 34 upper here a couple of years ago....

www.glockmeister.com

They don't show any on the site right now but it couldn't hurt to contact them.

Jicko
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
A complete factory slide and barrel is not going to be too much cheaper than the whole new gun. You are better off to get a whole new gun, you get a back up. :D AND, a G34 comes with the extended mag release and the 3.5lb connector.

Take advantage of the GSSF member purchase program, a G34 is $480.

Gogo
01-01-2010, 8:00 PM
A complete factory slide and barrel is not going to be too much cheaper than the whole new gun. You are better off to get a whole new gun, you get a back up. :D AND, a G34 comes with the extended mag release and the 3.5lb connector.

Completely agree. Too much hassel to pull all the parts together...just a thought. I'll just pick up a full G34 soon.

BTW, I am a GSSF member...but can I really find one that cheap ($480)?

Thanks for all your inputs everyone!

Glock Fan
01-01-2010, 8:06 PM
I converted my G22 to a 34 a few months back. I got the lone wolf slide, KKM barrel, and a few custom internal slide parts. I got all my stuff a lot cheaper then what a G34 would of been at retail price, being I am not a GSSF member. I shoot IDPA in ESP class and have never had an issue.

Gryff
01-01-2010, 8:27 PM

Email gssf@glock.us and request one. Be sure to include your name and GSSF number.

I converted my G22 to a 34 a few months back. I got the lone wolf slide...I shoot IDPA in ESP class and have never had an issue.

Perhaps not at your club, but it is still an illegal setup anyhow. Most local clubs don't enforce this rule, but you will get called on it if you shoot a sanctioned match like a state or regional championship.

CFV
01-01-2010, 8:31 PM

Is that standard GSSF pricing for all GSSF retailers. And is that out the door, or tax and fees still need to be added.

Gryff
01-01-2010, 8:41 PM
Is that standard GSSF pricing for all GSSF retailers.

Yes

And is that out the door, or tax and fees still need to be added.

Does not include tax and DROS. My wife's backup G34 was about $550 out-the-door.

SJgunguy24
01-01-2010, 8:51 PM
Is that standard GSSF pricing for all GSSF retailers. And is that out the door, or tax and fees still need to be added.

www.lcaction.com

Check out this place, they are the bay area GSSF retailer and they do have the priced online.

Jicko
01-03-2010, 7:52 AM

Depends. That "unit price" IS the standard GSSF price. Anything other than that.... depends who you are getting it from, who is the FFL, and whether there is a GSSF retailer near you etc....

Completely agree. Too much hassel to pull all the parts together...just a thought. I'll just pick up a full G34 soon.

Thanks for all your inputs everyone!

Short answer, YES, of course. I have one in transit currently.

Go check this thread, we don't need another thread covering the same info.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=252192