PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado County CCW

kyleclapp
12-31-2009, 9:23 PM
I have been looking into getting a CCW, and i have noticed that El Dorado County for the most part is lenient when it comes to issuing them for personal protection. But however i am a little confused about one thing. I looked over the application and noticed "If applying for personal protection: Law enforcement reports will be required." Now i have never been a victim of a crime or anything so i would have no reports to include. So am i just SOL or could i be issued one for the sole reason of preventing myself becoming a victim?

weezil_boi
01-02-2010, 10:21 AM
If you are concerned about CCWs in ElDo County... read this...

http://www.edcgop.com/index.cfm/press_release_234.htm

Then read this...

http://stan4sheriff.com/

"Weapon Permits
No longer will additional local requirements be imposed as a condition of permit issuance. I will implement a new weapon permit policy, consistent with the state and federal law, and make it available to the public and online within one hour of my taking office. The expectation of a permit requester will be to simply comply with existing State law (e.g., be of sound mind and satisfactorily complete the State mandated firearms training & background check). "

...Then act accordingly.

riprap
01-02-2010, 2:16 PM
I have been looking into getting a CCW, and i have noticed that El Dorado County for the most part is lenient when it comes to issuing them for personal protection. But however i am a little confused about one thing. I looked over the application and noticed "If applying for personal protection: Law enforcement reports will be required." Now i have never been a victim of a crime or anything so i would have no reports to include. So am i just SOL or could i be issued one for the sole reason of preventing myself becoming a victim?
Don’t agree with the use of the word lenient. It’s analogous to calling “standard” capacity magazines “high” capacity magazines.

Hogxtz
01-07-2010, 7:19 AM
I am a non-sworn employee and we are required to meet the same public requirments. We were told that reports were required "if" you already had any incidents and that they were going to update or clarify the home page wording in the ccw section to clarify this.

Such in my case, I was seen by a prior client at the grocerie store and he kicked in my car door in while I was in the store. I filed a report on-line. I supplied the report during my application. I beleive a report is not required unless there is already one on file.