PDA

View Full Version : CZ 83 help

sofine354
12-31-2009, 4:59 PM
What do I have to do to change my .380 CZ 83 to 9mm Makarov? Is it just the barrel as I've heard or am I out of luck? Help me out, CZ guys.

ejs
12-31-2009, 5:04 PM
I believe all you need is the barrel, I have an 82 (the milsurp version of the same gun in 9 makarov) and all of the parts (mags, recoil springs etc) for an 83 fit fine. Having said that I don't know where you can get a barrel. You could just get an 82 for $200 from AIM surplus and have both calibers...

Cheers, Eric

sofine354
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I bought the 83 brand new, and like it. At the time it was the first pistol I purchased and I had no idea I could get a surplus 82 for half the price in a more affordable caliber. I don't really want to spend more dough on the same gun in a different caliber. I am unhappy with the .380 caliber because its too expensive. I have less than 500 rounds through it. I think I might try and trade it one of these days. I wanted a .380 at the time that was large enough not to hit my hand with the slide. I didn't even know they came in 9 mak. when I bought it.

ejs
01-01-2010, 1:41 PM
they don't come in 9 Mak. new anymore, you'd need to go the milsurp route. You will probably be glad you went new the first time, buying surplus always seems to add a bit of uncertainty for me. The 82 was my second CZ, I really like the way it fits my hand and I think I shoot it better than my 75B-SA, although that is a nice shooter too.