View Full Version : With Gun Ban, British Gun Crime GOES UP 89%

12-30-2009, 11:00 PM

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

By James Slack

...The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased...89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold...

12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh, how surprising.

Maybe that wasnt the answer.......................:cool:

12-31-2009, 5:28 AM
The article didn't go into too much detail about the victims of gun crime.

If the victims are mostly gang members, the British gov will maintain that an armed citizenry would not reduce the gun violence. They will pull out the imbecilic argument that when people have guns, it will increase the overall crime rate. "Look at what is happening in the gang community, there's an increase in gun crimes...." they will say.

If the victims are regular folks, the gov will argue for the more police, more patrols, and even more draconian laws.

Until the British can boot themselves up enough to get rid of their nanny state, they will continue to be subject to its tyranny.

Semper FI!!!

12-31-2009, 6:11 AM
What the article says is that gun crime is up. Yea, who couldn't see that coming?
As always, I'm sure the numbers are skewed and the information is incomplete. How many people over there do you think really gave up all their guns? I hope they are not arresting non-gang member type people for simply having a gun and calling it a gun crime.

12-31-2009, 6:19 AM
Thanks for the link, I'll use it in my Sac Bee comments.

It's always nice to give the anti-gun crown a little reality check.

12-31-2009, 7:02 AM
Thanks for the link. Bookmarked

12-31-2009, 7:59 AM
Interesting gun ad picture. Stereotyping....

12-31-2009, 8:03 AM
Another good add to refute the Chicago vs McDonald brief.

12-31-2009, 8:09 AM
I do love how it only took 5 or so comments before they stopped accepting them...:rolleyes:

12-31-2009, 8:40 AM
Of course if you add more obscure gun laws you create more crime and criminals who were once up standing citizens.

12-31-2009, 9:03 AM
How about a different viewpoint ? 89% of what ? Wasn't British crime
rate low to begin with ? So 89% increase doesn't mean a lot in absolute
numbers. I don't think the British people are going to change anything
until enough of them feel the need for guns. I don't think the British are
stupid or chicken, just that most of them are not affected by crime, not
gun lovers, and thus don't see the need to protest the gun laws.

12-31-2009, 9:27 AM
There is an excellent online book full about gun myths (in case you overlooked it). It includes statistics which show that England's strict gun laws have lead to a dramatic increase in violent crime (Pages 8-10). No surprise there.

Here is a link to Gun Facts Version 5.1:

12-31-2009, 10:25 AM
What I find fascinating is that there appear to be so many guns remaining on an island where they banned (and collected) guns so many years ago.

Are they being smuggled in? If so from where and how? Most of Europe has very tough gun laws as well.

Folks here in the US really had better address this issue when they push for the quixotic dream of a US "without guns" (and gun violence)

12-31-2009, 12:04 PM
England's crime rate with guns has gone up 89 percent, but their gun crime rate is lower than ours, maybe.

In the US according to John Lott, 3.5 percent of the counties account for 70 percent of the gun crimes.

Now I facebooked John Lott and he told me that those 3.5 percent of counties account for 27 percent of the US population.

What that means to me is that roughly 3/4rds of the population reside in areas where 30 percent of the gun crime exists.

Needless to say, depending on where you are at, you will have a different perspective of gun crime.

Where this is going is that the reality is many areas of the United States are very safe which is probably why the rate of CCW permits hangs around 1 to 2 percent in most parts of the country.

England's crime rate will continue to increase because CRIME PAYS.

Wait till illegal gun factories are set up en masse and England and full auto machine pistols and/or short barreled shotguns become the criminal street weapon of choice.

Sooner or later, criminals will start shooting the British Cops.

In the United States, if you break into someone's home while they are at home, especially in places like Kennesaw Georgia, it should be classified as not burglary, but attempted suicide.