PDA

View Full Version : Calguns foundation or CRPA?

Afterburnt
12-30-2009, 5:47 PM
I recently signed up for a one year membership in CRPA after being away for around ten years. I have donated to Calguns Foundation and the NRA-ILA recently and would like to give a few more bucks. Should I send a donation to CRPA or another donation to one of the above?

1BigPea
12-30-2009, 5:51 PM
I recently signed up for a one year membership in CRPA after being away for around ten years. I have donated to Calguns Foundation and the NRA-ILA recently and would like to give a few more bucks. Should I send a donation to CRPA or another donation to one of the above?

If it's going to be one donation I'd say either CGF or NRA-ILA.

Remember also, CGF is tax deductable.

berto
12-30-2009, 5:52 PM
CGF and if you do it by tomorrow it gets partially matched.

Soldier415
12-30-2009, 5:53 PM
CGF

What has the CRPA done for gun owners lately? :sleeping:

CGF has done more for gun owners in CA and outside CA in recent history than any organization in the State.

bwiese
12-30-2009, 5:57 PM
Speaking as a CGF Board Member, I do not wanna get into "give to us vs. them" race.

All the orgs you mention do laudable and very useful work. You'll notice that recent work by Chuck Michel against bogus gun laws has been under auspices CRPA Foundation.

I believe the CRPA Foundation (and the New CRPA) will be increasingly doing more work in CA; it often behooves us to have "California...." in the organization name as opposed to "National...".

Politics being what they are here, this way our opponents can even less say this is "what Fairfax wants" - when indeed California gunnies are pushing for these actions. A united front of multiple, competent organizations working in sync is what brings gunrights back to CA.

Meplat
12-30-2009, 6:17 PM
What are the chances of CRPA coming to your aid if you get unjustly busted?

wildhawker
12-30-2009, 6:36 PM
CGF, and I'll match (see my challenge thread for details).

Afterburnt
12-30-2009, 6:43 PM
Speaking as a CGF Board Member, I do not wanna get into "give to us vs. them" race.

All the orgs you mention do laudable and very useful work. You'll notice that recent work by Chuck Michel against bogus gun laws has been under auspices CRPA Foundation.

I believe the CRPA Foundation (and the New CRPA) will be increasingly doing more work in CA; it often behooves us to have "California...." in the organization name as opposed to "National...".

Politics being what they are here, this way our opponents can even less say this is "what Fairfax wants" - when indeed California gunnies are pushing for these actions. A united front of multiple, competent organizations working in sync is what brings gunrights back to CA.

Thanks based on your opinion and others I will throw CRPA a bone and the rest will go to Calguns tonight.

Afterburnt
12-30-2009, 6:50 PM
put up the links again if you dont mind, I have go cook