View Full Version : Pictures of my new setup - Thanks Scott

12-30-2009, 1:32 PM
Everything is brand new including the Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 FFP.
Tomorrow I should be able to shoot it. But for now I just get to look at it:

Thanks Scott for helping me out. The scope looks great. The service was excellent and informative. You never treated me like an idiot for asking a stupid question.

This is my first time posting pictures so I hope this works.

12-30-2009, 11:24 PM

You are ready to rock and roll! Range report please. The pics turned out perfect, thanks for posting this in our forum and thanks for being our customer.

01-01-2010, 4:56 PM
Nice setup. What cal and config (barrel lenth finish, etc..) is the Rem XCR? please update us on your impressions after shooting the Vortex... Thanks

01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Looks like a Remington 700 SS 5R Milspec. If that's the case, then it's .308 and 24" barrel...

01-02-2010, 9:55 PM
It is what Racer -x said ^....

It is a great scope. I have only had limited use so far. I am doing a barrel breakin and have only put 9 rounds through it.

This is my first precision rifle and I can't wait to get it all set up. In my hurry to shoot it I did not level the scope to the gun or use loctite on the screws that attach it to the base. When I was at the range one of the screws came loose and I did not want to tighten it back up until I had it properly aligned and mounted the scope. So I cut it a little short.

I have no complaints on the scope. Glass is clear. It seems easy to use. Looks awesome. Illumination and focussing work great. Easy to adjust the zero stop. I'll write more in a week or so when I get another chance to take it out.

01-29-2010, 5:59 PM
That if getting to be a fine looking rifle. That scope has such a nice color, if it were mine , after all the add ons are finished, I think I'd do a desert camo pattern with colors that compliment the scope color. Good luck with the shooting. I, too would like to hear a range report on the rifle and especially the scope..Thanks for sharing:D

I just saw your shooting mat and the little camo patches on the corners have what would be a nice pattern...just a thought. I can't help myself...I am a painting contractor and am always thinking colors....nice rig!