PDA

View Full Version : SFPD Chief Gascon on KGO

sfpcservice
12-30-2009, 8:24 AM
Last night Chief Gascon told everyone to leave their cars and guns at home for New Years. I wouldn't condone partying with your gun on you, but I found his announcement amusing anyway. I wonder if he would leave his at home?

BigDogatPlay
12-30-2009, 8:35 AM
I wonder if he would leave his at home?

If, like his predecessor Chief Fong, he hasn't qualified then yes... he should leave his gun at home.

Just sayin'

CitaDeL
12-30-2009, 8:47 AM
Last night Chief Gascon told everyone to leave their cars and guns at home for New Years.

Yes, by all means. Gunowners shouldnt reserve the right to defend themselves during the following holidays or functions;

New Years Eve
New Years Day
Superbowl
Mardi Gras
Cinco De Mayo
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
The World Series
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Haunnkah

Leave your firearms at home, because there will be additional police forces on duty to protect you...
:rolleyes:

MrEd
12-30-2009, 8:48 AM
They actually do that every year , in past years they called it a zero tolerance policy .
They have had some serious issues with gang members on the embarcadero for several years now . To show you , last week two people were shot in sinbad's restaurant .

Spyder
12-30-2009, 9:51 AM
Ahhhh, alcoholidays.

nicki
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
We always have some idiot who has to shoot his gun into the air with live ammo or who gets drunk, gets into a fight and shoots someone.

Maybe in the future we could have joint conferences where we hold them together with the police and make public pleas together.

Freedom and Responsiblity go hand and hand.

If you are going out partying, don't drive and don't carry guns.

Perhaps in the future we can have designated driver/gun carriers.:43:

Nick

Bill Carson
12-30-2009, 1:06 PM
You forgot St. Paddy's day

vantec08
12-30-2009, 2:01 PM
Fong couldnt qualify??? bwahahahahahahahaha

Liberty1
12-30-2009, 9:54 PM
Nicky, don't be so PC :)

New Years Eve
New Years Day
Superbowl
St Patrick's Day
Mardi Gras
Cinco De Mayo
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
The World Series
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Haunnkah

:rolleyes:

For the better part of a decade I've been ATF w/vehicle at all those events and there has not been one incident. I'll not be disarming unless required to enter a facility and they have a means of detecting it.