PDA

View Full Version : Any Airsoft collectors/re-enactors out there?

shooterx10
12-10-2005, 6:36 PM
If AB 992 or SB 357 passes, and you happen to shoot IPSC or IDPA, you probably will have to resort to shooting it with airsoft pistols! Here is the link to the Hong Kong airsoft club: http://www.airsoftipsc.org/

http://www.airsoftipsc.org/images/movie/video_160.jpg

What is a good maker of airsoft? Classic Army has metal bodies, but what about Tokyo Marui? Also, where is a good place to participate in scenario games? The ones I know of are Sacramento and Sequoia Airsoft near San Jose.

Clodbuster
12-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Checkout www.cqbchallenge.com. 100+ players show up every month. Better than Sequoia Airsoft (does any go to those games anymore??)

In my opinion, Tokyo Marui makes the best electric guns. Western Arms makes the best gas blowback 1911s. In general KSC makes the best gas guns.

Clod

BigAL
12-11-2005, 7:49 AM
Hey thanks for the link. My mom is from Hong Kong and I go there on vacation every now and then. For some reason I thought they had an actual IDPA club there or something similar but I must've been thinking about airsoft. Maybe I'll stop by on my next trip.

shooterx10
12-11-2005, 8:42 AM
BigAl,

Ever visit the private shooting club of the Hong Kong Practical Shooters Assoc? I heard that it was HK$84,000 (~$11,000 U.S.) for the initiation and the STI pistols are around $10,000+! Talk about a rich man's sport!

What other airsoft stores in the Bay Area is there besides Airsoft Extreme and IISports?

I wanted to go to the CQB Challenge at Ford Ord, but had other plans. My friend attended and he and his team won a trophy!

BigAL
12-11-2005, 9:08 AM
It must've been the Hong Kong Practical Shooters Assoc that I was thinking about then. I'll definitely try to stop by during my next trip (maybe next Dec). It would kick *** if they would let me shoot a match there with a borrowed pistol. Hell it would be worth it just to get a HKPSA shirt and wear it to my next local USPSA match. I'm not surprised of the cost either. HK is one of those places where if you have the money you can pretty much do what you want. And if there is anything HK has it's a lot of rich people. I think they have more Mercedes per capita than anywhere else in the world.

They don't go into details regarding gun ownership laws since the commies took over in 1997 but that is something I'm curious about.

50BMGBOB
12-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Gamepod in Antioch has nothing but Airsoft.

tpliquid1
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
airsoft owner here. there some big games in monterey around 200+ every month. yea i think cqbchallange is the link for the monterey games.

got meself a mp5, g36, m4 made by TM. mp5 and M4 are really flimsy if u ask me.. the g36 is pretty solid when you handle it.

Clodbuster
12-13-2005, 10:52 PM
They are just toys. Back when the Fort Ord prison was still open, saw a guy use the butt of his MP5 to break through re-enforced glass :eek: A little too much re-enactment IMHO :D

Clod

got meself a mp5, g36, m4 made by TM. mp5 and M4 are really flimsy if u ask me.. the g36 is pretty solid when you handle it.