PDA

View Full Version : How about this alternate proof ?

TripleT
12-29-2009, 9:29 AM
So, I have a 10 day going on a handgun that the buyer has a PO Box D/L. He gave me a copy of a United States Forest Service Wood Cutting Permit with his Street address issued October 15, 2009.

Is this sufficient "government issued" documentation for proof of residence (Fed) ?

ugimports
12-29-2009, 11:20 PM
So, I have a 10 day going on a handgun that the buyer has a PO Box D/L. He gave me a copy of a United States Forest Service Wood Cutting Permit with his Street address issued October 15, 2009.

Is this sufficient "government issued" documentation for proof of residence (Fed) ?

After just checking with the DOJ on an alternate document, what they are looking for is something with the following criteria:

Current, government-issued license, permit, or registration, other than a CA Driver License or CA Identification Card, that has a specified expiration date or period of validity. The license, permit, or registration must bear the individual's name and either of the following:

1. The individual's current residential address as declared on the Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS) form

or
2. The individual's address as it appears on his or her California Driver License or California Identification Card, or change of address attachment thereto.

This is from #33 on this page:
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs.php

So as long as their is a period of validity / expiration date it should be ok.

TripleT
01-01-2010, 7:33 AM
So as long as their is a period of validity / expiration date it should be ok.

Which there is and there is also the date of issue which is within 90 days so I think this thing should work. Common sense would seem to make this as valid as any other government issued document. Heck, the USFS is one of their model agencies. :D