View Full Version : check this out,AR bullpup....your thoughts

12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Hope these guys improve on the design,because as of now it's FUGLY:eek:

12-10-2005, 12:55 PM

if you want a bullpup, go with a Steyr AUG, after all, they are both equally illegal in Cali

12-10-2005, 1:54 PM
The length of pull looks way too long.

12-10-2005, 9:26 PM
How's this? I fixed it :D

12-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Very nice SBR job however you need to make it for a lefty so please put the ejecter on the other side.:rolleyes:

Wild Goose
01-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Be gentle guys its only a prototype. I promise the next version will not upset your delicate sensibilities as much.

01-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Doesn't seem like the AR platform lends itself well to bullpup configuration because of the buffer tube protrusion. If you had a closed gas system/pistol upper, this would work better. Otherwise, it is still pretty long unless you put a really short barrel on it like this one (just about the same overall length as non-bullpup with that barrel length, especially if you put a "entry stock" on it).

01-10-2006, 2:11 PM
You'd still cut off maybe 6" or so with an AR bullpup- not a lot, but noticeable. A collapsible stock does do pretty much the same thing...

I agree - to take full advantage, you need an upper like a ZM weapons unit to delete the buffer tube. If you're makiing a bullpup kit though, you could probably make any system you like, just allow it to slap onto an AR lower.

I'd like to see someone make an AK bullpup rifle kit that wasn't absolutely hideous too, like the current one (which was featured in Star Trek: Voyager, to give you an idea how funky it looks).

Wild Goose
01-10-2006, 2:39 PM
An AR with a modified recoil system, like the Olympic OA-93-CAR would make a much better Bullpup, and I do intend to work on that later this year, but there are many, many more standard ARs out there in circulation than there are OAs so it would not make good business sense to start with the minority. With a light weight Shaw 16 barrel, the prototype handled very nicely in close quarters. I personally prefer a long length of pull, so I like the way the Bullpup felt over an entry type butt or a collapsed CAR/M4 stock. But then again, its my design so Im a little prejudiced! I have had several inquires about SKS, AK, and FN-FAL bullpups, so once I have the AR design ironed out I have lots of other things to try.

As for the trigger, with this kit if you have a crappie trigger on your rifle, you will have a slightly crappier trigger on the Bullpup; if your rifle has a good trigger, then the Bullpup will have a pretty good trigger too. My linkage pulls instead of pushes, so its fairly easy to set up.

01-23-2006, 8:17 PM