PDA

View Full Version : How to get a CCW

Mr_Monkeywrench
12-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi all, I have been searching this forum hopefully to find out some information. I would like to know, how difficult would it be to obtain a CCW in Orange County. I am 28yrs old Blue collar worker, but I do leave work rather late and I work in a bad area. (bad part of Santa Ana) and I wanted to know if I have ANY chance in getting one. If so, what are the steps I must go through to get one. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated

Mr_Monkeywrench
12-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Also, no criminal record.

nicki
12-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Orange county was becoming CCW friendly, but the new sheriff has actually revoked CCW permits, no one knows for sure what constitutes "Good Cause".

Sheriff Hutchens has angered many people and the issuance of CCW permits is going to be a huge issue in the June election.

If Orange county issued CCW permits on a non discriminatory basis, there would probably be 30,000 to 60,000 CCW permit holders(1 to 2 percent).

I understand that there are now less than 1,000 permit holders, Orange is going the way of LA county.

If you want a CCW in Orange county, you should strongly consider getting involved in helping Pro Gun Sheriff Candidates.

Right now there are 3 candidates, Bill Hunt, Craig Hunter and Sheriff Hutchens running for office.

Bill Hunt is flat out "Will Issue" for personal protection.
Craig Hunter says he will issue, but wants something for cause.
Sandra Hutchens is restricted issue, your good cause probably won't fly.

The winner has to get 50 percent plus one, so we may have a run off which will mean the race will run to Novemeber.

These means that a split in the gun vote won't give Hutchens a win by default, what it will though do is buy her more time.

The non issuance of CCW permits is why the "Sykes case" has been filed will probably be ruled on after the Supreme court incorporates the 2A.

Sykes will get us shall issue, but on the county level sheriffs will still control the issuance policies. I would rather have sheriffs that support CCW rather than those that play games to make it difficult to get a CCW.

Nicki

Mr_Monkeywrench
12-28-2009, 3:01 PM
Wow that was very informative. I appreciate it. My Brother is an OC LEO and he is supporting Hunt big time!!! I am probably going be moving to San Bernadino County (if everything goes as planned), are my chances any better there?

not4un
12-28-2009, 3:14 PM
Go to Calccw.com there is tons of info on there. You did live in a place where it is getting to be almost impossible to get one now.

Quiet
12-28-2009, 4:29 PM
I am probably going be moving to San Bernadino County (if everything goes as planned), are my chances any better there?
FYI.
Currently, the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department requires a 1 year waiting period to establish residency before allowing you to apply with them.

HUTCH 7.62
12-28-2009, 4:44 PM
Marry the Sheriffs Daughter

PS the sheriffs daughter in Santa Clara Co. is ugly as sin

Meplat
12-28-2009, 7:55 PM
Marry the Sheriffs Daughter

PS the sheriffs daughter in Santa Clara Co. is ugly as sin

Beauty is only skin deep, throw in a Sig and it's a deal.:43:

GuyW
12-28-2009, 7:56 PM
Beauty is only skin deep....

...but ugly goes to the bone...

Pig Rifle
12-28-2009, 8:55 PM
Become a movie star.
Give Lee Baca/Hutchens lots of money.
Give Lee Baca/Hutchens a ****job.
Get yourself murdered. (because self defense doesn't constitute "good cause" to these evil stains).
Become a Sheriff. (oddly the same folks who deny you a CCW otherwise).

seanbo
12-28-2009, 9:45 PM
or work for the mafia and you wont even need a ccw