View Full Version : Bound book questions

12-27-2009, 3:03 PM
Looking at my Bound Book paperwork I have a few questions:

1. Do barreled recievers being sold have to be entered in the Bound Book. I entered it just to be safe but was wondering if I really have to as it is not a complete rifle (nor was it when I recieved it).

2. If I sell a C&R to a non licensee, is a person's Date or Birth and/or Driver License required to be entered in the Bound Book or are those boxes to note that you have checked that the person is who he says he is and is of legal age? I know from other sources they are well over 18 (more like 60). I've worked with the guy for 15 years and he has to have a Driver's License to be employed.
I know it is better to have it but some people don't want that information to be given out. Checked is OK but not necessarally recorded.

3. Regarding Big 5. Should I list the individual store/address that I got it from or just Big 5?

12-27-2009, 3:34 PM
Before we make too many assumptions to answer your questions are you an 03 FFL or an 01/07 FFL?


12-27-2009, 3:35 PM
I'm sorry. I am a C&R FFL 03.

12-27-2009, 6:55 PM
I suspected you were 03, because if you were 01, you were heading for problems.

Anything with a serial number should be logged into your A&D. Receivers, barreled receivers, complete guns.

If I were you I would note your dispositions name or business name and address of FFL #. I bet you that is what is required as the whole point is for the ATF to trace guns and they can't trace guns if you don't know who you sold it to. So for Big 5, put the store address.

When dealing with the ATF, you are much better off being more detailed than less. Remember that.

12-27-2009, 11:32 PM
For an FFL-03, if selling to an individual, you need to record their name and address. If selling to an FFL (either 01 or 03), you need to record their name (as it appears on their FFL) and their FFL#. If you are buying a weapon, you need to record the same information. I assume that you are asking about Big-5 because you bought something there. If that is the case, ask for a copy of their FFL and record the information as it appears.

12-28-2009, 10:12 AM