PDA

View Full Version : Rings

Prospector
12-09-2005, 8:48 AM
I don't think we discussed rings yet. So here I go.

I'm new to installing a scope. I would need rings, what kind of rings do I need. Does height of rings matter? What kind are good? Would I need a base?
Installing a simmons 1022t on a model 60.

Mssr. Eleganté
12-10-2005, 5:22 PM
I believe that the Model 60 comes with standard rimfire 3/8th inch receiver grooves for scope rings. Many folks prefer a sturdier Weaver style base. You could either drill and tap your receiver for a Weaver style base, or install a Weaver TO-10 base which converts the 3/8th inch grooves to a Weaver style base.

If you want to stick with the standard 3/8th inch grooves, many people recommend BLK rings as the sturdiest, no-slip option.

You will need your rings, or your ring/base combo to be just high enough so that your scope's objective will clear the barrel with enough room to be able to turn the AO ring and to get the scope caps on. Also make sure that the rifle's iron sights don't get in the way.

Over at Rimfirecentral they have both a Marlin forum and a scope mounting forum. You could ask over there to see what hight of scope rings people with your same rifle/scope combo have used.

Prospector
12-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Any one uses Burris rings?

I think medium rings(for the grooves) will do with enough clearance for iron sight and a set of butler creek caps.