PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell sucks :(

saki302
12-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Now it's official. Bushnell sucks. They give you a 1 year warranty on the Holosight units, then you're screwed. I've had mine about 1.5 years, never abused, never thrashed, but it started developing a weird de-lamination around the reticle glass- it works fine, but the reticle looks fuzzy around the edges. IT is internal, and not because of any chemicals I personally spilled on it- heck, it just sat on my home defense mini-14 for over a year.

I sent it back to have it looked at, and they quoted a $195 repair price. G-zus chrisst... I can buy a NEW unit for about $20 more. I told them to just send it back- that's the last bushnell product I ever buy.

Leupold, they are NOT :mad: \

I would read the warranty on the EOTech sights carefully as well- same concept.

-Dave

M1A Rifleman
12-09-2005, 7:25 AM
I would agree. Also suggest staying away from Redfield - this was my bad scope story. My recommendation is to only by Leupold

delloro
12-09-2005, 8:01 AM
but if loopy made the holosight it would cost 2x as much for the same thing.

look at their version of the aimpoint.

saki302
12-09-2005, 8:19 AM
I have Leupold's version of the aimpoint and LOVE it. If they made the Holo, I'd gladly pay 1.5x to 2x the price, if it came with their LIFETIME warranty. As far as I'm concerned now, a lifetime warranty is priceless!

If it's 1/2 the price, yet breaks out of warranty in 1.5 years, it's worthless, IMO.

-Dave

shopkeep
12-09-2005, 9:00 AM
The fact that EOTech recently landed a HUGE contract with the United States military really says a lot about their product in my opinion. EOTech is awesome... the accuracy on my SOCOM-16 with EOTech is easily below 1 MOA and the speed at which you can aquire and hit targets make me wonder how much longer it will be before they try to ban these 16 inch M-14 mods with optical and tactical modifications.

Pulsar
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah, those eotechs are at least five times the product. One of the guys in my class was a marine in Iraq, and he stayed on another 6 months with a security company there after his tour of duty ended. He used the Eotech holosight on his M16 and on his SAW. He brought both the sights back with him to the states and I've seen them. They have been heavily battered, big chunks taken out of the body, the anodizing is almost completly gone, and the one on the SAW had sustained several thousand if not tens of thousands of rounds. They both still hold a zero just fine and have a very bright reticle.

It's why I ordered one earlier this week :)

saki302
12-09-2005, 2:51 PM
Still doesn't explain why my Bushy Holosight had de-lamination in the edges of the glass after being babied in the safe. I have heard EOTech has a better warranty policy- maybe they are a separate company from Bushnell? Totally different locations anyways.

If the glass de-laminates after your warranty is up, you're still sh%$t out of luck though unless EOtech will fix it free.

I've been told to make a stink higher up at Bushy to see what they will do- I'll try that next.

-Dave

BigAL
12-09-2005, 3:02 PM
Get an aimpoint ML2 or 3. 10 year warranty for personal use. I had an aimpoint lose zero in the vertical direction and start stringing shots. Sent it to aimpoint and they sent me a brand new one no questions asked.

Pulsar
12-09-2005, 4:50 PM
the eotech's only come with a 2 year warranty. And eaotech and bushnell are serperate, though I think eotech sold bushnell the rights to the patent so bushnell could make a cheaper version. Eotech was pretty much only concerned with the military contract, and built there sights to be beaten and battered. I know when eotech first started selling the holosights is was almost impossible to get em in the US cause Eotech gave our troops priority on orders. And this was well before the military adpted it, individual soldiers were spending there own money on these things so fast that they were rather hard to find in the US. I think that says something about the product.

saki302
12-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I posted a similar message on ARFcom.. An EOTech representative posted and told me they would pony up and help fix my Holosight even though they have nothing to do with it- I'll say that gives their customer service a HUGE credit in my book! He even said Bushy charging $195 for the repair was bullsh$#t :D

My only regret was not buying an EOTech in the first place instead of the Bushnell unwarranteed crap.
I think the general attitude at EOTech is they will fix it if it was their fault, 2 years or not. Big props to the ONLY VALID SUPPLIER of holographic sights :)

-Dave