View Full Version : Volume buy on parts sets

12-08-2005, 7:33 PM
I was thinking that with everyone buying the new Kalifornia receivers that we needed a group buy on parts sets. How about a "Calguns.net model" so that we can kinda narrow down the sets to a couple configurations. I can make some inquiries with M&A and others if they want to do this. I may just buy 25 or so and make them available to everyone. Thats about all the cash I could put up. Ideally we could get a list together and go to the manufacturer and have them handle it themselves, something along the line of get your Calguns discount on this configuration if paid for by this date. We may as well give it a shot. What do we have to loose?

12-08-2005, 7:38 PM
Sound like a plan stan!:D

12-08-2005, 7:42 PM
Good call Gunner1! We definitely need a group buy. How about this for a partial list:

From AR15plus.com

Fixed Magazine Kit - 10 round (easy to install too!)
Lower Reciever Parts Kit

These two items from AR15plus.com complete our lowers and give us the required 10 round fixed magazine that cannot be removed without a "tool". Also note they conveniently include the parts to later convert back to a detachable mag when they ban us :D!

Since Clint over at Fulton Armory has been so awesome to us during this whole thing and he has some pretty decent prices on uppers I really can't imagine buying them from anyone else. We could go in on both an A2 upper and an M4 flat top upper.

Other than FA maybe a few folks want to go in on some uppers from Bushmaster or whatever manufacturer people might fancy. I was just thinking for a group buy I'd like to go with Clint since he's hooking us up nicely. He's shown us he deserves the business from a group buy :D !

12-08-2005, 7:44 PM
I guess that I need to know what everyone is thinking for their builds.
I know that I will be building ten M4 style rifles so that is my main interest. I am also going to build a couple 9mm carbines. So if I can get a feel for the number of interested people in the next couple days I will put together a proposal letter to send to a couple different places and see if we get a response. Of course I will post it here for everyone to review first.

12-08-2005, 7:48 PM
I cannot agree more about Clint at Fulton. I have been dealing with him for years. Never a problem. Clint also has a history of supporting group purchases on the war rifles web site. Everyone needs to sound off on what they would like and I will put a proposal together.

12-08-2005, 7:54 PM
Just looked at Fulton's site and they are offering 10 percent off (I know, too funny right?) and free shipping over $100.

12-08-2005, 7:54 PM
Might want to check over at AIMsurplus.com to see if they'll make any sort of deals on parts kits. They seem to have killer prices. I'll also be buying my stag upper from them as well. I've heard nothing but priase about the stag uppers.

12-08-2005, 8:57 PM
For my first effort and to keep this cheap for everyone I suggest we go with the FAR-15 Classic Desert Storm M-4 flat-top. That way we can all throw on the obligatory EOtech or whatever else and at $474 it's not like we're going to lose sleep over it.

For a more advanced bench build I'd like to try to for the FAR-15 EBR Liberator Carbine. Looks EXTREMELY cool.

Of course the Vietnam era upper that Fulton Armory has looks like a TON of fun too!