PDA

View Full Version : Second Amendment Sisters? Armed and Female? Liberty Belles? WAGC?

BerkeleyGunOwner
12-26-2009, 4:30 PM
Hi Ladies -

I am trying (have been trying for a while!) to get into contact with any of the california chapters of the national women's guns groups...is anyone out there a member of these groups or know whether or not they are active?

Their websites *look* like they are active...but you can never tell!

Thanks so much...
- Jenny

NorCalMama
12-26-2009, 5:01 PM
LOL, I just finished reading the section in Massad Ayoob's book "Combat Handgunnery, 6th Edition" regarding women and combat handguns and he discusses these various groups. I was actually going to look into them as well after reading about them. I don't know if they are active, but will shortly. Welcome to Calguns, btw! :)

FreedomMom
12-29-2009, 8:45 PM
I'm curious to know too! Would you post more info as you find it?

NorCalMama-love the pink hearts ;)

BerkeleyGunOwner
01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
NorCalMama - any lucky?

I still haven't found anything...tried e-mailing the national offices, but got nothing. I will probably be putting in a phone call soon...will let you know!

Steyrlp10
01-15-2010, 3:47 PM
Me too... if you ladies find any info, please share. All my memberships are for competition purposes, but nothing gender-specific. Thanks!

diginit
01-31-2010, 5:43 PM
I hope you don't mind my intrusion here. I was raised to respect firearms and ladies... Besides, what man doesn't respect a woman with a gun? :D
We are all basically the same. Gender is not an issue. So don't forget about the NRA and the Calguns shoots.

PS. Please don't burn your bra, Donate it... We need all the support we can get. ;)

missiondude
02-02-2010, 4:51 PM
I know 2nd amendment sisters is active in San Diego, as I volunteer as a shooting coach at their clinics. They put on 2 or 3 introductory handgun clinics a year. Don't know where you are located, but if in San Diego, send me a PM and I will find a local contact for you.

Steyrlp10
02-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I know 2nd amendment sisters is active in San Diego, as I volunteer as a shooting coach at their clinics. They put on 2 or 3 introductory handgun clinics a year. Don't know where you are located, but if in San Diego, send me a PM and I will find a local contact for you.

If you hear of a contact for the Bay Area/NorCal, please drop a line here, thanks!