PDA

View Full Version : Tapco T6 Sks stock

Okami
12-07-2005, 1:56 AM
Anyone get their hands on one yet?

~Okami

shopkeep
12-07-2005, 2:12 AM
It's no longer backordered so you can now get one. Just make sure you have 10 american parts on it (Stock counts as 3). I don't think it's possible to hit 10 parts without replacing the magazine though. Sksman has one that supposidly is "guaranteed to feed" but I wouldn't count on it, US made SKS fixed mags _SUCK_.

Victor
12-07-2005, 1:40 PM
I just ordered one for my yugo along with a US made fixed 10 round mag (crossing my fingers with this) and Tasco made operating rod and gas piston.

bu-bye
12-13-2005, 9:39 AM
Sorry bring this thread up again but is a pistol grip and a SKS still legal? I thought I remember reading that is was not legal. Can someone please let me know.

Thanks

PanzerAce
12-13-2005, 10:01 AM
you have to play ten part musical chairs. As long as its not a AW in any way (detach mag = nono), it should be ok, just like the Bushy Carbon 15s we can get out here.

bu-bye
12-13-2005, 10:11 AM
What parts do I need to order to make it 10 parts legal, and who the hell is going to ckeck?:D

Rascal
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
You need to change the following items with U.S.A. made parts
Gas piston
operating rod
10 round non-detatchable magazine
Buttstock hand guards & gas tube/upper hand guard
If you have a Yugo, the break needs to be replaced with a U.S. made muzzle break.

bu-bye
12-13-2005, 2:20 PM
You need to change the following items with U.S.A. made parts
Gas piston
operating rod
10 round non-detatchable magazine
Buttstock hand guards & gas tube/upper hand guard
If you have a Yugo, the break needs to be replaced with a U.S. made muzzle break.

Do you know of a good place to buy these parts?

Victor
12-13-2005, 2:23 PM
Do you know of a good place to buy these parts?

Tasco has them all.

bu-bye
12-13-2005, 2:53 PM
Tasco has them all.

Ah I see, Thanks

In all truth guys, who is going to check and who would even be able to tell them apart?

Rascal
12-13-2005, 4:41 PM
That would be Tapco not Tasco. ;)
And lookup SKSman for the mag.

Victor
12-13-2005, 6:37 PM
That would be Tapco not Tasco. ;)
And lookup SKSman for the mag.

Your right :)
Oh yea I got my fixed USA made mag from SKS man. It doesn't feel very sturdy.

Rascal
12-13-2005, 6:56 PM
Your right :)
Oh yea I got my fixed USA made mag from SKS man. It doesn't feel very sturdy.

Have you actually tried it out yet? I had problems with mine feeding and could never get it to work right. Finally gave up and got rid of it. :mad:
Hope yours works better than mine did.

Victor
12-13-2005, 9:08 PM
Not yet. I'll probably test it out in a couple of weeks. I'll give an update when I do.

geoliquid
12-14-2005, 9:48 AM
I have two of those american made magazines and they stink. I can only fit 8 rounds in it and after the last round it doesn't always hold the bolt open. I'd be happy to ship it to anyone here who would ship me back in trade their stock yugo one? :)

akjunkie
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
WHOOOOOOOOO, wait a minute.

i'm alittle fuzzy with the laws.. havent bought anything in couple years.

SEC 922 states u cannot have more than 10 imported parts on a centerfire semi auto rifle that takes HI CAP mags, etc, etc. doing so would make it an ASSAULT WEAPON.

the SKS has a FIXED 10rd mag..it is NOT an Assault Weapon so it would be Legal to install the Tapco M4 stock set on it. it would be similar to a FAB 10.

i know for fact, u can legally install a Dragunov/Thumbhole stock on a SKS here in PRK, so the tapco stock should be ok.

ie, MAK90 stamped receiver: 16 parts. replace:
trigger
hammer
sear
buttstock
pistol grip
handguards

and now u have an "american made" AW with a legal hi cap feature.

i think some people are confusing the 9/94 AW ban expiring with SEC 922.

SEC 922 would apply to the SKS if u plan on using a Detachable hi cap mag.

my 2cents.. correct if i am wrong. but this is My understanding of the current laws.

Rascal
12-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi AKjunkie, and welcome to the site.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong, 922(r) states that you can not have "nonsporting" features on any foreign made or imported weapon, and a pistol grip IS considered a "nonsporting" feature.
Only C&R weapons can have "nonsporting" features, but they must stay in their original configurations.

I know for fact that if you don't have a U.S.A. made SKS, you are in violation of Fed Law 922(r) and are comitting a felony if you have a Dragunov/Thumbhole stock on a SKS anywhere in the United States. Now whether BATF busts you or not, that is up to them. To this date, I have not heard of anyone ever being busted, but do you really want to be the first?

akjunkie
12-31-2005, 7:51 PM
i'll leave my SKS rifles stock. only one that has been modified has a OD Green Butler Creek stock, AK74 slip on muzzlebreak and a Red dot site on it.

http://scoutscopes.com/index.html

but i have seen people in teh pass with the ATI/Choate?? dragunov stock.

thanks for the Info.