View Full Version : Bushmaster Carbon-15

12-06-2005, 5:23 PM
Is the carbon-15 97S kali legal because i heard it was somewhere on this board. wanted to make sure before making plans on buying this .223 Heres a pic :D

12-06-2005, 5:29 PM
Bushmaster purchased Professional Ordanance (I think). This is the California legal version:

12-06-2005, 5:34 PM

12-06-2005, 6:52 PM
So what are the plus and minuses of the carbon -15 anyone want to tell me?:D

12-06-2005, 7:04 PM
there is one on the rack at Kerley's.

12-06-2005, 7:11 PM
Well the plus would be that you can buy this right now, because it is legal in Kali.
The minus is that it will never be declared a "AW". You can't convert it to detatchable magazine.

12-07-2005, 1:00 AM
If the CARBON-15 with a fixed magazine is legal, would it then be legal to import a stripped CARBON-15 reciever without a fixed magazine? And if said reciever is built up into a fully-functional rifle, provided it DOES NOT ever contain any of the 'features' of a category 3 "Assault Weapon" would it not then be legal?

12-07-2005, 5:40 AM
I think it would fall into whether it is on DOJ's list and you could get someone to sell it to you. I looked at this model and thought about getting it. The problem I have with the CA AR's is that if I move out of state someday, I would like to have the detatchable mag capability. Since this rifle has the mag release parts in the receiver, it looks like you could drill out the rivet and cut open the mag well (very carefully) and have a fully functional AR. I'm sure the warranty would be void, but if you build your own from a standard non-list receiver (assuming you can get one), you wont get a warranty either. My problem is I dont want to pay $ 1,200 for a plastic gun. I am hoping I can get a non-list receiver from Newton's and build one that can be converted if it gets added to the list and register it.

12-23-2005, 8:56 PM
THis might help ALaquist arms in turlock is selling theres for 900 they have alot of them in 209-394-3603 they might start selling vulcan lowers if people start asking.:)

12-23-2005, 9:16 PM

...sorry dudes, didn't mean to hijack...the thought of that sux.:mad:

12-23-2005, 9:49 PM
I know how you feel mace. I dont want to own a neutered rifle. If it was DESIGNED as a fixed mag (SKS), fine. if not (Carbon-15), then im not going to touch it.

12-23-2005, 10:03 PM
if not (Carbon-15), then im not going to touch it.

Amen. To boot, they charge MORE than what a real AR costs...WTF?

Nope, I'll stick to my Fulton Bush...:D

12-24-2005, 3:54 AM
FWIW, I have one of the Carbon-15 Bushmasters (and two Vulcan builds) and I have no problems with it. I took it to the range twice and have about 300 rounds through it with no problems. Recoil is fairly light, it stayed cool, and it went bang everytime I pulled the trigger.
If you want a top loading rifle I would recommend it. Yes, the magwell is sealed but if you move you could just buy a new lower for $90 and be done with it. If you want to put other uppers on it you could do that too.
We have all been going crazy trying to get lowers so we could pin a mag in them anyway so what is the difference (other than them getting banned and able to be registered....hopefully)
Bottom line...If you want it, buy it. It works as intended and you could swap the lower later if you move.

12-24-2005, 6:34 AM
We have all been going crazy trying to get lowers so we could pin a mag in them anyway

I understand your point and I have (17) of these sitting at my FFL: http://superiorarms.com/ :D

I will pick them up on Tues! Personally, I ain't pinn'n JACK. I will wait for the "Ban", which Kali will no doubt push through, for the "safety" of it's citizens...:rolleyes:

But I train a great deal and the top loading AR type, just will not work.

12-24-2005, 10:20 AM
people know what they are buying its mostly a bench gun anyway if someone wants something for defense by a pump shotgun or the su16 or mini 14 .If i could get a stag lower i would but it looks like its too late for me.
unless u would part with one of yours

12-24-2005, 10:29 AM

I posted an opinion. No more no less.

...thats not the point if u want too talk sh@t go too another thread

I was not "insulting" your platform...per say. Posting an opinion is not an insult. Just a different point of view. I run an Fulton Bush...some people like it, some don't. I know it's capabilities and short comings which I try to overcome through training.

12-24-2005, 10:48 AM
yah i know i edited it write after i wrote it.Its must be hard too train with a non detactable clip lol :)