PDA

View Full Version : Got a crazy idea? Leave guns out of it!

wash
12-23-2009, 7:33 PM
I keep hearing about people getting arrested with XYZ and guns.

XYZ might be great and fun and/or almost legal but if you are getting in to anything that might attract police attention, don't do it with guns and if it's medicinal marijuana, it would be very wise to not own guns at all.

Personally I think marijuana legalization (and taxation) would be a good idea, testing legal compressed air devices at night in an industrial area is probably a lot of fun and it's healthy to cut loose a little every once in a while but it's not smart to complicate matters by adding guns to the mix.

If you like your weed and get busted, there is NORML to help you out (if they do that) and a lot of things can be made to go away with a good lawyer if you're a first time offender. Why complicate things with guns?

CGF can not get their hands dirty if your hands are dirty. Let the gun lawyers deal with gun cases, not XYZ and guns cases.

I don't like preaching but use a little common sense.

bigcalidave
12-23-2009, 7:34 PM
Yep!

Hopi
12-23-2009, 7:40 PM
Tony Montana looks to be displeased at this recommendation....

http://benjaminlipman.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/scarface.jpg

But yeah.....

SoCalDep
12-23-2009, 7:43 PM
And if you are testing compressed air devices (or shooting movies with fully auto weapons) please call the local law enforcement station and let them know. It will result in less problems and might avoid certain cops pointing nasty weapons at 18yr old girls in cars who just happen to be in the area. (Ask me how I know)...

On the other hand, legal is legal. If anything, a 246.3PC charge seems more appropriate than a 12025PC charge. Long guns just don't fit. I'm not going to comment too much, because I wasn't there and wasn't privy to all the information, but either you have a crime or you don't.

jaymz
12-23-2009, 7:44 PM
I couldn't disagree more. I won't say anymore 'cause my mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say, shutup!

Shotgun Man
12-23-2009, 7:49 PM
Actually, I've read here a representative of CGF say that they would consider assisting in the defense of a total dirtbag doing awful things, providing the representation pertained strictly to the firearms aspect of the case.

If you think about it, it is the right mission purpose for CGF. You don't want criminals making bad law for the rest of us.

A criminal could be violating various drug laws, etc., and the police might find a stocked and pistol-gripped listed lower along with the detached .223 upper in his backpack and charge him with possession of AW.

His defense attorney if he's smart would challenge the AW charge. CGF would want him to do it right, especially if it is going up on appeal. I think they would at least refer the defense lawyer to the correct authorities.

SoCalDep
12-23-2009, 7:58 PM
Actually, I've read here a representative of CGF say that they would consider assisting in the defense of a total dirtbag doing awful things, providing the representation pertained strictly to the firearms aspect of the case.

If you think about it, it is the right mission purpose for CGF. You don't want criminals making bad law for the rest of us.

A criminal could be violating various drug laws, etc., and the police might find a stocked and pistol-gripped listed lower along with the detached .223 upper in his backpack and charge him with possession of AW.

His defense attorney if he's smart would challenge the AW charge. CGF would want him to do it right, especially if it is going up on appeal. I think they would at least refer the defense lawyer to the correct authorities.

As nasty as it sounds to me...I agree. Like I said above, you either have a crime or you don't. I don't want to be prosecuted for my legal OLL, and thus no one else should either. There are plenty of laws on the books for bad guys. We don't need to make any up.

Theseus
12-23-2009, 7:58 PM
Why are we condemning some scientists who might have been conducting experiments in what I presume is a dangerous area for wanting the means to protect themselves? If anything we should buy the guys a box of ammunition to keep with them!

And to say you should not own firearms for protection because you use medical marijuana? Um. . . I say smoke 'n carry on! If its legal, DO IT!

wash
12-23-2009, 8:00 PM
Well, a dirtbag wouldn't listen any way, we'll always be left cleaning up those kinds of messes.

My point is if you want to support gun rights, don't mix guns with anything that is questionable or invites the attention of law enforcement.

I have personally done plenty of legally questionable and not so questionable things but guess what, I don't bring guns in to it.

wash
12-23-2009, 8:04 PM
And to say you should not own firearms for protection because you use medical marijuana? Um. . . I say smoke 'n carry on! If its legal, DO IT!

That is a federal crime, it does not matter if it's being enforced or not, I will not condone any gun related crime.