PDA

View Full Version : Legal Analysis of "Magnetic BBs"

sbrady@Michel&Associates
12-23-2009, 7:15 PM
In response to the many questions surrounding the legality of “magnetic bullet buttons,” we have conducted research on the matter and produced a memorandum explaining the legal ramifications of their use. Our findings and analysis are available at:

http://www.calgunlaws.com/images/stories/Docs/aw%20weapons%20modifications%20memo.pdf

We have made the memorandum a public document on www.calgunlaws.com, which means you do not have to register in order to read it. However, if you want to receive future alerts of similar memoranda or current legal matters our office is undertaking, we encourage you to register.

bigcalidave
12-23-2009, 7:27 PM
Gooood work!

wildhawker
12-23-2009, 7:32 PM
Thanks for this very important service. I did note that your footer implies a 5th page that is not contained in the linked PDF document, nor is your firms info mentioned (which would be useful for both the document's credibility and, I'm sure, marketing).

Again, thank you very much and please do keep up the good work.

kf6tac
12-23-2009, 7:34 PM
Thanks for that, can you use a standard font though?

Edit: I'm really not trying to be rude, you guys do great work... Just use one standard font for the whole doc.

I dunno what's happening on your computer, or if the document was updated after you posted, but I only see one font, and it appears to be Times New Roman all the way through.

MonsterMan
12-23-2009, 7:45 PM
I agree. Font looks good to me.

This issue is a no brainer. Leave the tool out of the BB. Common sense people.

wildhawker
12-23-2009, 7:55 PM
I dunno what's happening on your computer, or if the document was updated after you posted, but I only see one font, and it appears to be Times New Roman all the way through.

Same here, font might just be a local PDF rendering issue.

The Director
12-23-2009, 9:08 PM
How prevalent is the use of these gizmos?

wildhawker
12-23-2009, 9:31 PM
We have been encountering them quite a bit at gun shows. Here's (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=238857) a thread by Bill W after his run-in at the Calguns Booth at the Cow Palace show in November.

PolishMike
12-23-2009, 9:53 PM
Nothing new here, exactly what everyone was saying.

bigcalidave
12-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I take it back, I was on a friends computer and saw three or four different fonts, very strange. Nevermind! Great work!

oaklander
12-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Among people who know what they are doing - ZERO usage.

Among idiots - SOME usage.

We are trying to nip this in the bud. . .

How prevalent is the use of these gizmos?

ldivinag
12-24-2009, 1:41 AM
i'm working on a new BB device.

works via mind control. granted the device is about the size of a standard toaster. plus, it takes about 20-30 hours of mind training to make sure your mind waves do match that of the device.

but once i get this working... can you imagine. by just thinking about releasing the mag, it actually does? of course a safety switch will be implemented. a short time delay will be in place. so from the time you think about releasing the mag, to the device actually releasing the mag will be from 15 to 30 seconds...

;)

Chk Chk Boom
12-24-2009, 1:53 AM
Great job!

PS
I find it hilarious your last name is Brady.

Cokebottle
12-24-2009, 2:06 AM
Great job!

PS
I find it hilarious your last name is Brady.
Take a look at my email addy in my profile.
My heart always skips a beat when I see threads referencing our former AG.

Not related that I know of, but I do have a couple of cousins in the Auburn area who I haven't seen in almost 40 years who used to be pretty liberal.

Those nuts fell pretty far from the tree though ;)

obeygiant
12-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Sean and the rest of Michel & Assoc., great work! Fwiw the link in the email works just fine and for anyone having trouble getting the pdf you can get it here (http://www.calgunlaws.com/images/stories/Docs/aw%20weapons%20modifications%20memo.pdf)