PDA

View Full Version : Need some help for my Marine buddy...

Anonymous D
12-23-2009, 5:11 PM
Hello all. I am a long time gun lover, and own a few ARs as well as a few other nice guns.

I need you guys to help me figure out something. Heres the story.

My buddy is stationed in Cali and is in the Marines. He is down here in Louisiana right now and he bought and AK. And he wants to bring it back to Cali with him. We know he will need to have it registered on base, but thats not really the part we are confused about.

He has ordered a bullet button, and has plenty of 5 and 10 round mags. Now my only question is what else does he have to do to get in into Cali legally? Does he have to have an FFL ship it to an FFL in Cali?

Thanks for any help you can give me guys. Maybe Ill show you some pics of my ARs later. :D

professorhard
12-23-2009, 5:14 PM
Pretty sure he can just bring it with him. However make sure the AK is not a listed assault weapon.

Anonymous D
12-23-2009, 5:20 PM
Its an off list one.

mej16489
12-23-2009, 5:23 PM
Isn't there also a method for someone in the military to get an Assault Weapon permit while stationed here?

Jicko
12-23-2009, 5:26 PM
1) if it is an offlist, then if you render it non-cat3-AW (ie. bulletbutton, non-detachable magazine), he can just bring it in....

2) if he want it in AW configuration, he just need to go get an active duty exemption, contact CA DOJ....

Anonymous D
12-23-2009, 5:48 PM
Thanks guys.

Heres some pics of my guns since you helped me out so quick.

My Stag.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/The_Green_GT/108_0830-1.jpg

And my Black Rain Ordnance build. Dont know why it looks purple.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/The_Green_GT/108_0934.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/The_Green_GT/108_0935.jpg

Black Rain upper and lower, Troy TRX 11 inch rails, 10.5 inch bbl, waiting on my Noveske KX3, so it will be coming out of the end of the rails, Troy sights, and Youngs Chrome M16 BCG. Once I put the bbl on Ill have to put my pistol buffer tube back on. Hopefully I can get my stamp soon enough.

Lateralus
12-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys.

Black Rain upper and lower, Troy TRX 11 inch rails, 10.5 inch bbl, waiting on my Noveske KX3, so it will be coming out of the end of the rails, Troy sights, and Youngs Chrome M16 BCG. Once I put the bbl on Ill have to put my pistol buffer tube back on. Hopefully I can get my stamp soon enough.

10.5" Barrel? I hope that there is a permanently affixed FH or muzzle extender on that bad boy.

Also, just making sure, but there IS a BB on that rifle, right? Pix make is hard to see.

NiteQwill
12-23-2009, 11:57 PM
10.5" Barrel? I hope that there is a permanently affixed FH or muzzle extender on that bad boy.

Also, just making sure, but there IS a BB on that rifle, right? Pix make is hard to see.

No, no. I assume (from reading his first post... "here in Louisiana") he is from a free state, none of his rifles are neutered.

Lateralus
12-24-2009, 3:06 AM
No, no. I assume (from reading his first post... "here in Louisiana") he is from a free state, none of his rifles are neutered.

Good catch.

OP: Coming to this site must make you appreciate your rifles even more. I am jealous; you have some nice toys there my friend.

:D

Anonymous D
12-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Good catch.

OP: Coming to this site must make you appreciate your rifles even more. I am jealous; you have some nice toys there my friend.

:D

Yea, it sucks what you guys have to go through, and its complete BS IMO. I know Im preaching to the choir though.