PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help me send a 'screen shot'?

mofugly13
12-23-2009, 1:25 PM
Long story short, my girlfriends brother was killed in a DUI accident, and when it appeared that the drunk driver was going to skate, my girlfriend put pressure on the DA to press charges. Charges were pressed, and yesterday was the sentencing.

So, my girlfriend gets a message on her mypsace page from her dead brother's account today:

"I HAPPY YOU GOT YOUR WISH! PRISON WAS NOT RIGHT FOR HIM BUT I'VE GOT THREE WORDS FOR YOU KARMA'S A *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My gf has been in contact with the DA's Victims Advocate, and the Victims Advocate wants my girlfriend to send a copy of the myspace page to her. My question is how do I do this? Sending a link just brings the receiver to tth emyspace log-in page.

GP3
12-23-2009, 1:27 PM
Open up the exact screen that you want a screen shot of

Push the 'Print Screen' button on the top right of your keyboard

Open MS Paint

Click edit, then paste the image into MS Paint

Save it

Email it

drexotic
12-23-2009, 1:31 PM
Beat me to it . . .

I'd add . . . Save a copy for later reference.

GP3
12-23-2009, 1:34 PM
So someone from the defendant's party hacked into your girlfriend's deceased brother's Myspace, and then is trying to act like he's her brother's ghost with that message?

mofugly13
12-23-2009, 1:43 PM
We're pretty sure it's the girlfriend of the brother, at the time, who is now the girlfriend of the defendant! It's pretty f*ucked up.

And thanks guys, we did 'print screen' and then pasted it onto a word document, it seemed to work.

rkt88edmo
12-23-2009, 1:45 PM
It may default save as a bitmap which is huge, (.bmp) so save as .jpg

Open up the exact screen that you want a screen shot of

Push the 'Print Screen' button on the top right of your keyboard

Open MS Paint

Click edit, then paste the image into MS Paint

Save it

Email it

xrMike
12-23-2009, 2:51 PM
We're pretty sure it's the girlfriend of the brother, at the time, who is now the girlfriend of the defendant! It's pretty f*ucked up.OMG, that sounds like something out of a really sick/terrible twilight zone episode. You have my condolences. That is so f'd up.

I hope whoever is responsible pays some kind of price.

JDay
12-23-2009, 4:05 PM
If you're using Vista or Windows 7 you can just load the Snipping Tool and select the area you want a screen shot of. Start, type 'Snipping Tool' and select. When you select the area of the screen you want it'll be saved to your desktop as Capture.png.

freakshow10mm
12-29-2009, 7:06 PM
If you have a Mac, hold shift+command+3 and it will take a screen shot and save it to your desktop.

On a PC, just hit print screen and it will print it for you on paper.

indetrucks
12-29-2009, 7:10 PM
If you have a Mac, hold shift+command+3 and it will take a screen shot and save it to your desktop.

On a PC, just hit print screen and it will print it for you on paper.

^^ and people argue that Macs are easier to use.. bah