PDA

View Full Version : Repeal AB962 Electronic petition

thomashoward
12-22-2009, 8:01 AM
We need everyone to send this whether you think it affects you or not.

Glock22Fan
12-22-2009, 8:52 AM
I tried, but it said I had already signed. Apparently this has been going several months now.

Grakken
12-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Did they take out the 50 round part? I must have missed that. Still crap law. This only means that we will be forced to get jobbed by the local stores with insane prices. Now they will charge even higher prices for ammo. Start stocking up now guys and gals.

How many here actually think the new Anti AB 962 bill is going to pass with a Dem majority in both the assembly and senate? I mean, most didn't think this bill would actually pass and it did. So why would they go along with a bill basically nullifying the work they put in to pass it in the first place? Doesn't make sense. I appreciate those with common sense in the Senate/Assembly trying to do something, and will support them where I can, but i'm seeing the glass half empty on this, help pour the glass full for me.

rklute
12-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Did they take out the 50 round part? I must have missed that. Still crap law. This only means that we will be forced to get jobbed by the local stores with insane prices. Now they will charge even higher prices for ammo. Start stocking up now guys and gals.

Yes, the 50 round provision was removed. As was the dealer registration clauses. Here is a link to a posting with the text of the bill inserted into the existing code:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=231494

Glock22Fan
12-22-2009, 10:57 AM
How many here actually think the new Anti AB 962 bill is going to pass with a Dem majority in both the assembly and senate? I mean, most didn't think this bill would actually pass and it did. So why would they go along with a bill basically nullifying the work they put in to pass it in the first place? Doesn't make sense. I appreciate those with common sense in the Senate/Assembly trying to do something, and will support them where I can, but i'm seeing the glass half empty on this, help pour the glass full for me.

It only passed by one vote. So, if we can change just one, or preferably two, votes, then it is a win for us. As half the legislature probably can't remember how they voted last time anyway, and maybe can't even remember the bill in question, then there's a fair chance.