PDA

View Full Version : California Desert Protection Act of 2010

enginematrix
12-21-2009, 3:32 PM
Say goodbye to all that awesome BLM land near Ft. Irwin...

"The legislation, which had been delayed by efforts to resolve conflicts among environmentalists, off-roaders and renewable energy interests, would also designate 250,000 acres of public land near the Army's training center at Ft. Irwin as wilderness; add 41,000 acres to the southern boundary of Death Valley National Park and add 2,900 acres to northern portions of Joshua Tree National Park."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mojave21-2009dec21,0,7093884.story

The Director
12-21-2009, 3:40 PM
FineSwine strikes again!

VW*Mike
12-21-2009, 4:16 PM
aw man.............., Thats where I go. Hopefully she gets booted. Her polling results are at a low. Her and Pelosi.......

RRangel
12-21-2009, 5:00 PM
Where does Diane Feinstein think the resources come from for agencies to administer her decree? Why do these people propose expending resources at the worst possible timing? National Monuments also prohibit firearms possession.

Even if recent laws change this as far as personal possession in certain areas for self defense, BLM style recreational shooting could potentially be out of the question.

VW*Mike
12-21-2009, 5:19 PM
not to mention the closures of parks due to budget cuts and staffing........... this state is so screwed.

aermotor
12-22-2009, 2:05 PM
FFS you can barely do anything in CA anymore... no camping in the back country; pretty much nowhere will allow you to camp and use the land for firewood, water, build fires etc. Can't shoot anywhere. Christ. This sate keeps getting worse and worse, I need to get out.

stormy_clothing
12-22-2009, 3:24 PM
so where exactly are they going to get the money to protect all this wasted land ?

blacksheep
12-22-2009, 3:47 PM
so where exactly are they going to get the money to protect all this wasted land ?

You the taxpayer, silly.:rolleyes:

Army
12-22-2009, 6:19 PM
Vote me for Governor.

I will use my executive privilege to veto and eliminate all gun laws that deprive the law abiding from their 2ndA rights. I will request monthly, until it is on my desk for signature, that the US 2ndA be amended to the CA state constitution. I will implement a Vermont style of carry law, eliminate the GFSZ, and ask for a castle law similar to Florida's.

I will cancel all monies that go to any sort of person who is in this state illegally, including their children born here (the Fed can give all they want, I do not have to) If citizens of another country wishes to live or work here, a green card will be mandatory. Illegal aliens will be allowed to go to emergency rooms for life or limb medical care only. School age children of green card holders will be allowed to attend public schools or any private school, all others will be banned from attendance. I will create a green card task force to insure documents cannot be forged (what the hell else is Silicone Valley good for?).

Unions will have only a single representative to meet with me. No state money will go to any union that demands more for the same or less actual work done. Any tax money going to any organization that calls itself a "center", "coalition", "peoples", or "project" will be ended.

I will not only close the California border, I will emplace National Guard units with orders to stop illegal crossings and drug smuggling with any means possible, to include deadly force. I will emphasize to the Mexican government that their self induced poverty is no longer a California problem.

Write me in :)

hoffmang
12-22-2009, 6:36 PM
I need to double check this, but I think this change is actually kosher even if unfortunate for shooting. From other sources it looks like private individuals put about $28M worth of land into trust and had the Feds spend about $10M as well - with the joint agreement that this land would be off limits to development. Then the prior administration went back on the old deal to let a bunch of solar power projects use the land. The bill looks to actually intend to honor the original deal put in place with the private parties who put the tract together.

-Gene

Shotgun Man
12-22-2009, 6:44 PM
Vote me for Governor.

I will use my executive privilege to veto and eliminate all gun laws that deprive the law abiding from their 2ndA rights. I will request monthly, until it is on my desk for signature, that the US 2ndA be amended to the CA state constitution. I will implement a Vermont style of carry law, eliminate the GFSZ, and ask for a castle law similar to Florida's.

I will cancel all monies that go to any sort of person who is in this state illegally, including their children born here (the Fed can give all they want, I do not have to) If citizens of another country wishes to live or work here, a green card will be mandatory. Illegal aliens will be allowed to go to emergency rooms for life or limb medical care only. School age children of green card holders will be allowed to attend public schools or any private school, all others will be banned from attendance. I will create a green card task force to insure documents cannot be forged (what the hell else is Silicone Valley good for?).

Unions will have only a single representative to meet with me. No state money will go to any union that demands more for the same or less actual work done. Any tax money going to any organization that calls itself a "center", "coalition", "peoples", or "project" will be ended.

I will not only close the California border, I will emplace National Guard units with orders to stop illegal crossings and drug smuggling with any means possible, to include deadly force. I will emphasize to the Mexican government that their self induced poverty is no longer a California problem.

Write me in :)

You had me with the 2A. You lost me with the immigrant hysteria.

Army
12-22-2009, 7:15 PM
Hysteria?

Illegals cost California around 30 BILLION a year, with direct state money, and private sources used (hospitals, insurance, not-to-standard construction, crime etc). It's not immigration, it's criminal trespass.

2 years of no money to illegals will pay off our debt. Canceling all the stupid payments to stupid causes would put us in the black even quicker.

Keeping your guns, with no penalty for doing so, will keep all of us safe and secure.

hnoppenberger
12-22-2009, 8:06 PM
f her varmint clubs are still gonna hunt it they dont care.
im all for closing the borders and using deadly force.

GammaRei
12-22-2009, 8:08 PM
I need to double check this, but I think this change is actually kosher even if unfortunate for shooting. From other sources it looks like private individuals put about $28M worth of land into trust and had the Feds spend about $10M as well - with the joint agreement that this land would be off limits to development. Then the prior administration went back on the old deal to let a bunch of solar power projects use the land. The bill looks to actually intend to honor the original deal put in place with the private parties who put the tract together.

-Gene

Anytime Feinstein comes up with legislation that she is backing, I always have to wonder. How can she profit from it?

- G

Radiant
12-22-2009, 9:33 PM
It's getting harder and harder, in CA, to go out, be left alone, and enjoy the desert. The last time Feinstein got behind the Death Valley National Park fiasco it severely changed Saline Valley, among other places. Now rangers go out there and patrol the area where there was virtually nothing before. They set up structures, closed roads and posted rules. Soon there will be a permanent ranger and admission charged to one of the most peaceful and pristine places left in CA. Some of the interesting old mines and remaining equipment were bulldozed into ditches and coverded over to make the area "look" original. One old mine will be protected as historic and another will be buldozed over as a scar on the land. The ones that get protected, like Bodie, are treated as private property belonging to the rangers and the public is not allowed to see the historic old electric generators and motors from that towns golden era. We are told it's too "dangerous" to see and learn about our own history.

I got fed up and moved to Nevada. I can't believe how different it is just over the border. I can go shooting and four wheeling just minutes from home. Interesting history is laying right there to see. And the independent spirit still exists. Peaceful open desert and mountains with people that like it and want it to stay that way. The BLM actualy works with local land owners to manage the fire danger and acknowledges everyones interest in public use of public land. Not "stay away" but "help us manage it for all of us". What a concept!

When I was a kid my father and I would go out to Death Valley and go camping at the sand dunes. We hiked and explored all over the place in whatever vehicle we went in. At that time, out near Randsburg, there were old open mines that were really death traps, and lots of interesting relics. I'm glad the mine shafts have been filled or covered, but it has gone way beyond that. We used to drive right up to the sand dunes, camp there and play on them. Really fun. Now they might be damaged if disturbed. Sheesh. A damaged sand dune in the middle of the desert. And, of course, you can't let your dog out of the truck there either. I had a ranger get in my face seriously over that big mistake. But it's OK for them to round up and kill the burros or round up the wild Mustangs and put them in storage.

I know where some of the wild horses live and I can tell you, it is breathtaking to find a stallion and a couple of mares, with a colt or two, out just living their natural life. They look like they could not be happier or healthier. Natural, peaceful, beautiful.

aermotor
12-22-2009, 9:48 PM
This state needs help.