PDA

View Full Version : repeal of the AB 962

chefdude
12-21-2009, 1:04 PM
I just got this email from Curt Hagman Assemblyman, District 60
Looks like he is on board to help us

Dear Friends,

I first want to thank you. My office has been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for the repeal of the AB 962. This bill requires ammunition registration and infringes upon the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Californians.

I am truly humbled by the attention and time you have taken to let me know your opinion on such an important issue. You have heeded the call to action and it is my hope my fellow state legislators whom represent you will hear you and lend their support for repealing this legislation.

The first piece of news I have to share with you is the repeal bill will be AB 740. Due to some technical difficulties with legislation and the rules governing certain amendments I was unable to use AB 373 as a vehicle for our legislation.

Rest assured a change in number in no way changes the intent of the bill. I am working with the National Rifle Association on a daily basis to ensure this bill is heard in the Assembly Public Safety committee during their first hearing on January 12. There is no time to waste.

Sincerely,

Curt Hagman

Assemblyman, District 60

SeanCasey
12-21-2009, 1:23 PM
Go Curt. Curt is a pretty decent Assemblyman, used to be Mayor of Chino Hills and is known to go hunting from time to time.

On a side note I am actually happy about the AB 373 turning into AB 740. It avoids confusion when talking to people about a non-gun bill that is in the US Senate that I am opposed to S. 373 (Python Ban).

Super Spy
12-21-2009, 1:24 PM
Two Thumbs Up!

kf6tac
12-21-2009, 1:26 PM
That email from Assemblyman Hagman was followed, about 20 minutes later, with a message recalling the email. I'm not sure what part of the email prompted the recall, but for now I'm treating the first email as if it never happened.

chefdude
12-21-2009, 1:31 PM
crazy...I never got the recall email..could you post it..

kf6tac
12-21-2009, 1:34 PM
It's nothing fancy - just an automated text that Outlook (I believe) sends out when a sender recalls a previously sent email; it came from Hagman's assembly email address (Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov):

The sender would like to recall the message, "Assemblyman Hagman's Update on the Repeal of AB962".

Kyle1886
12-21-2009, 3:02 PM
Although Assemblyman Hagman does not accept e-mail from non-constituents, a few of us San Diego Co folks have called an faxed his office. They have been very responsive to calls. I think Assemblyman Garrick, is plugging for us too. Write-call-vote.

bodger
12-21-2009, 5:35 PM
What is the point of recalling an e-mail? Does that mean a legislator has
changed his position on something, it's a disclaimer of sorts, or what?

Shotgun Man
12-21-2009, 6:04 PM
What's up with the recall? I got that too. Did an anti hack his email account? Bizarre.

Answer please.

kf6tac
12-21-2009, 8:29 PM
What is the point of recalling an e-mail? Does that mean a legislator has
changed his position on something, it's a disclaimer of sorts, or what?

It's not limited to legislators; it's a feature that's built into Microsoft Outlook, folks in my firm use it periodically as well. Basically it means all recipients should disregard the previous email.

Shotgun Man
12-21-2009, 8:53 PM
It's not limited to legislators; it's a feature that's built into Microsoft Outlook, folks in my firm use it periodically as well. Basically it means all recipients should disregard the previous email.

It does not reflect well upon the sender recalling his email.

Was he drunk? I've wanted to recall a few emails in my life. I didn't know it was possible.

kf6tac
12-21-2009, 9:04 PM
It does not reflect well upon the sender recalling his email.

Was he drunk? I've wanted to recall a few emails in my life. I didn't know it was possible.

That's true. At the least, it means they didn't check it over carefully and overlooked something that was important enough to warrant a recall.

My initial thought was that maybe the bill number changed again after Hagman sent the email, but that's just me speculating.

markw
12-21-2009, 9:16 PM
Once an email is released, it's past the point of recall. That recall message is annoying and only works in the microsoft world.

formula502
12-22-2009, 8:32 AM
Yeah, recalls are pretty weak sauce.

You're MUCH better off sending out a humorous mea culpa and just owning it.

Shotgun Man
12-22-2009, 3:12 PM
The bolded portion is Hagman's reply to my inquiry as to why he recalled the previous email.

We are working with the NRA to possibly introduce a new bill so the legislation won't have to be rushed and we have time to gather support and input from the multitude of gun owners across California. I apologize for the confusion.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 8:53 PM
To: Assemblymember Hagman
Subject: Re: Recall: Assemblyman Hagman's Update on the Repeal of AB962

What does this mean?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Assemblymember Hagman" <Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov (Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov)>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 11:44 AM
Subject: Recall: Assemblyman Hagman's Update on the Repeal of AB962

The sender would like to recall the message, "Assemblyman Hagman's Update on
the Repeal of AB962".=

kf6tac
12-22-2009, 3:15 PM
So it sounds like there might, in fact, be yet another change to the bill number. Awesome.