PDA

View Full Version : More guns = more crime .....NOT!

IPSICK
12-21-2009, 9:49 AM
With all the reports of large gun ownership meaning more crimes the stats tell a different story. The news report below doesn't state a correlation and certainly not a causal effect but I'm just wondering what the anti's can say in face of the statistical facts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580777,00.html

natomasboy
12-21-2009, 9:50 AM
"Facts are stubborn things" - John McCain

Vtec44
12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
If we use the logic of the gun control proponents, with the huge increase number of firearm sales that we are seeing, the crime rate should also increase because more guns simply lead to more violence. So regardless of what are the reasons for the decrease in crime rate, one thing we now know for sure that more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens do not simply lead to more violence.

chrisw
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
can't you all see! mao-bama gets elected and crime instantly drops 10%.

Casual_Shooter
12-21-2009, 10:35 AM
You can't logically solve an emotional argument from illogical people.

NorCalMama
12-21-2009, 11:13 AM

lol, After all, he is the Obamessiah! :rolleyes:

IPSICK
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
How'd this turn into an anti-Obama thread?

tuolumnejim
12-21-2009, 1:12 PM
How'd this turn into an anti-Obama thread?

Crime=Chicago=obummer, makes sense to me. :D

Paladin
12-21-2009, 4:14 PM
With all the reports of large gun ownership meaning more crimes the stats tell a different story. The news report below doesn't state a correlation and certainly not a causal effect but I'm just wondering what the anti's can say in face of the statistical facts.Over the past year since Obama was elected, I have read several news articles talking about how this state or that state was experiencing record number of CCW applications or firearms purchases or having ammo shortages. Anyone who has the time can easily search for examples. If I hear about those stats in the PRK, I'm sure the BGs read/hear about them in their own states.

BGs -- in general -- are cowards, that is why they attack a disproportionate number of women, elderly, and handicapped and often gang up on a victim.

Plus, they don't like to bleed any more than the next person.

Purple K
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Comifornia's assault and murder rates are 12 and 20 percent higher than the national average. Another great achievement by the anti gun folks.

Chuck0matic
12-21-2009, 11:10 PM

Thats exactly what they are going to say!