PDA

View Full Version : so what are my options?

paratroop
12-21-2009, 7:36 AM
Ok, i have an issue and i need some law-ish advice. I had a thread going regarding getting hosed by anvil arms. i dont know how to put links like that, so heres a quick rundown.
I sent them a complete upper receiver to put on a pistol lower receiver. my account got charged the day they "closed their doors" . but nothing was ever delivered. now supposedly the former manager took all the equipment, inventory and records when he left. the new acting manager told me there is a court order for him to bring back the stuff, but it hasnt been served.
now here are my questions, should i wait it out, and see what happens?

if i wait it out too long i will not be able to dispute the charges through my bank, which is less than a third of the amount im out, considering my upper that they have as well.

or, is there anything else i should do? one person mentioned filing a police report for stolen property, is that even feasible? also i am in afghanistan so i think that may limit some, if any, options i may have. thanks for any advice .

Curtis
12-21-2009, 8:10 AM
I would file a dispute with your bank. If you resolve the issue then you can work out a new payment method or call the bank and stop the dispute.

As for the police report, you might be surprised what you can do over the phone or internet with the police. I'm sure they will go out of their way to help a soldier in Afghanistan.

Thank you for your service! Good luck.