PDA

View Full Version : Waiting periods

Meplat
12-21-2009, 12:38 AM
A friend who has a masters in clinical psychology tells me that CA’s ten day waiting period is ridiculous. He says that while normal people can be pushed to the point of a “murderous rage” it lasts no longer than a minute or two. If the deed is not done within a few minutes a cooler head will prevail. Therefore “waiting periods” are pure BS as just in the drive to the gun store a normal person will get over it. If a person is insane no amount of “cooling off” will work. I solicit the opinions of any of our members that have expertise in this field as well as others on this question.

Sionadi
12-21-2009, 12:43 AM
The waiting period is useless anyway if someone already has a firearm.

Meplat
12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
The waiting period is useless anyway if someone already has a firearm.

Yes, I have often been amused by the fact that I have to wait 10 days to get a handgun when I have several that can not be traced to me. Why would I buy a new, very traceable gun to do the evil deed?:rolleyes:

AndrewMendez
12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I can think of at least 2000 things California does that makes no since, and it wont take a Rocket Scientist to figure it out either! Just donate to the CG Foundation, and NRA! We are going to prevail!

AndrewMendez
12-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Yes, I have often been amused by the fact that I have to wait 10 days to get a handgun when I have several that can not be traced to me. Why would I buy a new, very traceable gun to do the evil deed?:rolleyes:

Because people think Criminals are stupid, when in reality, many of them are not! Just another BS California thing that will be overturned in our very near future! Maybe CA has stock in the Gas Company so they want you to drive out there!