PDA

View Full Version : DROS'ing 2 rifles, from 2 different locations...

IMC87
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I searched but no luck.

How does it work on DROSing (PPT) one day from store A, then DROSing the day after from store B (PPT)

Note: both are different rifles each day

Is it doable? 2 different places = 2 different fee's right? or is there something that will hold me up from this confusing way of doing this?

cmth
12-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Is there some reason you can't do them at the same store? It would save you money.

IMC87
12-20-2009, 11:30 PM
They are to complete trades with others, and each live on opposite ends of eachother

hoffmang
12-21-2009, 12:35 AM
One can buy as many long arms in as many transactions as quickly as your wallet can afford.

If you have a C&R and COE you can also do that with handguns.

-Gene

Cokebottle
12-21-2009, 1:09 AM
If you have a C&R and COE you can also do that with handguns.
I've gotta do some more homework on this.

Is there a sticky with a quick reference on the benefits of C&R and COE?
I know anyone can PPT a long gun over 50 yrs, so no advantage there, other than eliminating the 1-every-30 rule for handguns, is it worth it?

AndrewMendez
12-21-2009, 1:23 AM
I've wondered this myself. I am thinking your going to have to DROS each of them. Why not just offer to give the person an xtra 10 bucks in gas, which would save you 15 bucks!?? After all you are doing them a favor and buying a gun from them right before Christmas to help them out.

tenpercentfirearms
12-21-2009, 8:29 AM
I think the question is will DROS hold him up? NO! You can DROS as many long guns as you want, as often as you want, from as many dealers as you want.

The only way to combine those into one is to have them both at the same dealer. There is no way for dealers to share a DROS. The shipping cost would probably not make it worth it.

djleisure
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I currently have three long guns (and a pistol) in DROS at three different stores... there's nothing stopping you from doing that - go for it!

hoffmang
12-21-2009, 1:22 PM
I've gotta do some more homework on this.

Is there a sticky with a quick reference on the benefits of C&R and COE?
I know anyone can PPT a long gun over 50 yrs, so no advantage there, other than eliminating the 1-every-30 rule for handguns, is it worth it?

I'm going to flesh out my stub version of "COE" over on the wiki:
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Certificate_of_Eligibility

-Gene

Cokebottle
12-21-2009, 2:33 PM
I'm going to flesh out my stub version of "COE" over on the wiki:
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Certificate_of_Eligibility
Looks like the only real advantage for someone with no interest in C&R would be bypassing AB962.
The "1 every 30" isn't a big deal to me... I wouldn't be able to afford more than that anyways ;)